Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Funny enough they got delivered bout an hour ago. I just opened it. The quality is like a solid 95%. Few extra mold lines, and a few cracks and a break or two from 30 days of shipping in a lousy box. But being that I play orks I'm going to chopping stuff anyhow lol. Everything I got was a newer plastic model except for 1 old fantasy warboss on a boar.

The pewter recast has alot of super fine extra flashing.

But for $48 a full knight castellian looks great. 20191130_093715.jpg

*my 6yr old phone camera sux

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny enough they got delivered bout an hour ago. I just opened it. The quality is like a solid 95%. Few extra mold lines, and a few cracks and a break or two from 30 days of shipping in a lousy box. But being that I play orks I'm going to chopping stuff anyhow lol. Everything I got was a newer plastic model except for 1 old fantasy warboss on a boar.

The pewter recast has alot of super fine extra flashing.

But for $48 a full knight castellian looks great. View attachment 235300

*my 6yr old phone camera sux
Was it gobro store you ordered from? I think it's called wanzer store now.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Super crisp and clean dude. It's looking really good already. Any specific plans for the base yet? Flying/hovering can do such crazy cool stuff sometimes

Ohh very good question. I honestly hadn't thought about the hover thing on the base. Hmm. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Wow I just looked up a knight castellian. That's insane for under 50 bucks. Nice find!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those are really cool looking. Do you have a place to display these? I'm trying to figure something more permanent out for mine.

My current progress... a handful more Stormcast are base coated... I'm gonna work on the big guy in the box next I think!

20191201_215911.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those are really cool looking. Do you have a place to display these? I'm trying to figure something more permanent out for mine.

My current progress... a handful more Stormcast are base coated... I'm gonna work on the big guy in the box next I think!

View attachment 235769

I don’t have anywhere good really. I just rotate models around in my hobby room on a couple different shelves.

8746056D-1E5F-4E24-8AD6-B72F9DEC22C4.jpegF506609F-58DC-4C0C-8ADF-28EEE0B11433.jpeg

Your figures look good, you’ve improved a lot over the last couple months. You should start looking into filling your gaps from assembly. The flashing and gaps are detracting from your paint jobs now. Those shoulder pads >< Liquid Green Stuff is what I use. There’s some other stuff out there I’ve never tried, miliput and that ‘As Seen on TV’ UV glue.

• 2Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don’t have anywhere good really. I just rotate models around in my hobby room on a couple different shelves.

View attachment 235777View attachment 235778

Your figures look good, you’ve improved a lot over the last couple months. You should start looking into filling your gaps from assembly. The flashing and gaps are detracting from your paint jobs now. Those shoulder pads >< Liquid Green Stuff is what I use. There’s some other stuff out there I’ve never tried, miliput and that ‘As Seen on TV’ UV glue.

There are a number of things you can use to fill seams and gaps but I haven't had the need to when I build GW models so I have no experience with it. That said in the model plane world most seams are filled with something like tamiya white putty or thick superglue

• 2Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
For the old Gw pewter models I'd use green stuff. Even for some resin and plastic ones I use green stuff as well for really making nice joints on the models that are a big focal point. I even use it when changing angles on arms to remake a bicep or tricep. Or when cutting off legs to change then into running legs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Oh also. Do any of you guys in the USA use scale 75 paints? And know where to buy them thst isn't the website or amazon? I wanted to pick up 2 colors but 8 bucks in paint was 8.50 in shipping lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh also. Do any of you guys in the USA use scale 75 paints? And know where to buy them thst isn't the website or amazon? I wanted to pick up 2 colors but 8 bucks in paint was 8.50 in shipping lol

I bought a shades of green set from them. I like the colors but the consistency is so fuckin weird I am not able to use it like all of my other brands. It’s like chalky, or lumpy, idk how to describe it. It kind of smears and is uneven and brush strokes show up really easily. It’s great for dry brushing though so that’s really all I use it for. Will never buy any again because other brands work for dry brushing as well and I’d rather have my paints serve all the purposes I need.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny you mention it, I did buy some greenstuff after seeing that gap in his shoulder armor hah. Well the Amazon brand equivalent. I'll see how it goes. If not I'll buy the greenstuff from their site.

I've never tried Scale 75 personally. They do sell them in the hobby shop by me though I think. I usually get stuff from MiniatureMarket. I just got a new batch of citadel and reaper paint today. Someone stop me! :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I love the glow effects you are doing of the lanterns on the statuesque look of the minis.

Thanks. I wish they weren't so similar to my KDM models in pictures. Next to each other they look quite a bit different due to the colors. Once I get a Menhir done I may do some side by side comparisons.

I am itching to get back to doing some full colored stuff, so I may switch to some Edge models again soon.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I finally dug some stuff out. I got 2 old deathguard I'm still converting, an old half done night goblin, and one of my old movement trays.
20191203_102911.jpg

And before someone asks, yes the deathguard have a story.

A buddy of mine had a khorne army. H wanted to strip some marines, and used simple green and rubbing alchehol. Then let them soak over night lol. They melted. So he gave me the brick of them. I'm doing a buncha deathguard from them.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally dug some stuff out. I got 2 old deathguard I'm still converting, an old half done night goblin, and one of my old movement trays. View attachment 236829

And before someone asks, yes the deathguard have a story.

A buddy of mine had a khorne army. H wanted to strip some marines, and used simple green and rubbing alchehol. Then let them soak over night lol. They melted. So he gave me the brick of them. I'm doing a buncha deathguard from them.

I love those little Goblins! Grots I think? Awesome. I'll have to paint one of them up at some point.