Minor Household Appliances

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya'll were helpful last time I bought a washer/dryer set (damn 8 years ago... time flies), so I'm back with another inquiry. Maybe two.

I'm looking to get a new electric hot water kettle. The one we have now (Brentwood KT-1780 1000W 1.5 Liter Stainless Steel Electric Cordless Tea Kettle - Walmart.com) worked great for a while, but is dissolving and I'd prefer not to continue drinking... whatever it is that lines this "stainless steel" interior.

Been looking on Amazon and everything seems to have the same issue - poorly made Chinese crap. Even the highly reviewed items. I'm fine spending a few bucks on quality, but what's the point of paying 4x as much for something with 1.1x the quality? Probably would be best to get a full glass pot to help with any rusting/chemical issues, but my water is pretty damn hard, and even filtered would scale up a glass pot pretty fast I'd have to think.

Anyone have anything super awesome they can rec?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I went through trying to find one where the boiling water doesn't touch plastic as well and went with this one:

happy with it so far, have had it about 7 months

it is unfortunately made in china

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had one I loved, had it for 2 years now with moderate to heavy use...... and no longer sold by the company on amazon >.<.