Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
They literally made me sign up for a mandatory EAP on the same day that they gave me the quarterly award for my division, and specifically said 'this EAP not about job performance, and no disciplinary action has been taken, your coworkers are worried about you and emails were sent to management.' Which is an entirely illegal reason to put someone on a mandatory EAP.
Classic

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That whole EAP thing is fucking ridiculous because my coworkers are all drug addicts and alcoholics. Every 'team building' event ever hosted by the company is just a bunch of people going and getting totally smashed on the company dime. Multiple people on other shifts have come up to me asking what I think they should do about their growing substance abuse problems caused by stress at work.

My coworkers were worried about me because I was crying at my desk during a 12 hour Saturday shift after my cunt of a cousin pulled a cunning stunt at my grandmother's funeral and had my name left off the name of the grandchildren. I felt like my stepfather's family was trying to disown me and my mother, even though we've done a ton for that family and never once asked for a single thing in return.

• 1Faggotry

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That whole EAP thing is fucking ridiculous because my coworkers are all drug addicts and alcoholics. Every 'team building' event ever hosted by the company is just a bunch of people going and getting totally smashed on the company dime. Multiple people on other shifts have come up to me asking what I think they should do about their growing substance abuse problems caused by stress at work.

My coworkers were worried about me because I was crying at my desk during a 12 hour Saturday shift after my cunt of a cousin pulled a cunning stunt at my grandmother's funeral and had my name left off the name of the grandchildren. I felt like my stepfather's family was trying to disown me and my mother, even though we've done a ton for that family and never once asked for a single thing in return.
Every event ever where the company is footing the bill involves "getting smashed on the company dime", and just because someone pops-pills or smokes weed doesn't necessarily make them a bad employee. One of my best admins ever probably smoked weed in quantities that could fell a rhino.

There must be more to it than crying. Not a day goes by at your average office where some chick isn't crying in the bathroom for some reason.

In any case, whatever the reason you have the label. Nobody is going to promote the office crazy, where they are actually crazy or not. Move on.

• 1Solidarity

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A whole office of drug addicts and alcoholics coming together to tell you you need help would be a negative to anyone else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The best part about the EAP thing is they said that it can come with financial assistance, lol. I'd be fine if they'd just pay me what they're paying new hires. I'm not even asking to get promoted.

• 1Faggotry

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The best part about the EAP thing is they said that it can come with financial assistance, lol. I'd be fine if they'd just pay me what they're paying new hires. I'm not even asking to get promoted.
It makes literally no sense that they agree you're excelling at your job but they pay you less than a new hire. Either you suck at figuring out whats actually going on or this place is the twilight zone, and oh poor you ever the victim got caught in their web.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Now it's time to brainstorm some ideas on how to quit in an epic manner.
Hint about suicide then go silent for awhile and then when they inquire about your whereabouts convince yourself they really care a lot about you and then go on pretending nothing happened while exaggerating stuff for attention and asking what you should do about your shitty job situation while ignoring anything anyone has to say until the next time people start to ignore you then rinse repeat.

• 1Rustled

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
It makes literally no sense that they agree you're excelling at your job but they pay you less than a new hire. Either you suck at figuring out whats actually going on or this place is the twilight zone, and oh poor you ever the victim got caught in their web.
Are you insinuating that it's not a coincidence that mist consistently ends up in situations that are awful but are simultaneously not her fault and there's literally no way to rectify it and she has to just continue being miserable? Surely mist is accurately describing this situation.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They said they're only allowed to give out raises in December, but the new advisement for what they can offer new hires changed in January. So that means every existing employee is fucked for the whole year, no matter how hard they work, and then when raises do come up, since it's a simple percentage ranging from 3-6%, up to 10% in extreme cases, they will still likely end up with less money than any new hires that also get raises in December.

Last December, they said I hadn't been there long enough to get a raise, which I agreed made sense at the time.

• 1Faggotry

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are you insinuating that it's not a coincidence that mist consistently ends up in situations that are awful but are simultaneously not her fault and there's literally no way to rectify it and she has to just continue being miserable? Surely mist is accurately describing this situation.
This is the only place where I've had an awful work experience. All the rest of my problems are just awful friends and family experiences. I've really enjoyed every other work experience I've had before this.

• 1Faggotry

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is the only place where I've had an awful work experience. All the rest of my problems are just awful friends and family experiences.
Plot twist: this is Mist's first full-time job that wasn't working for friends and family.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not even close to the case. This is my first 'corporate' job though, for sure.

• 1Faggotry

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They said they're only allowed to give out raises in December, but the new advisement for what they can offer new hires changed in January. So that means every existing employee is fucked for the whole year, no matter how hard they work, and then when raises do come up, since it's a simple percentage ranging from 3-6%, up to 10% in extreme cases, they will still likely end up with less money than any new hires that also get raises in December.

Last December, they said I hadn't been there long enough to get a raise, which I agreed made sense at the time.
It is hard to buy this, but every company is different. I hired and promoted plenty of Engineers during my time as manager. HR would always pull the "budget cycle" or "maximum % tercile increase" etc... It was their standard playbook, but there are always options and alternatives. Luckily my senior management supported me and pushed it through to Senior VPs. I also had a history of good performance reviews for the individual to fall back on to explain their value and why it was important to do it now and not wait for the new Fiscal Year or whatever.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They can't do shit or can only do 3% hopefully within 6 months until you come in with an offer letter than they can do 30% by tomorrow.

It's a shitshow.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They can't do shit or can only do 3% hopefully within 6 months until you come in with an offer letter than they can do 30% by tomorrow.

It's a shitshow.
"Shitshow" is the word of the day pretty much every day around the service department. If don't hear the word "shitshow" once an hour it must be a good day. But sales keeps roping in new customers upper management has no plan to manage growth, so that is exactly how it's going to stay for a long time.

• 1Faggotry

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
"Shitshow" is the word of the day pretty much every day around the service department. If don't hear the word "shitshow" once an hour it must be a good day. But sales keeps roping in new customers upper management has no plan to manage growth, so that is exactly how it's going to stay for a long time.
Sounds like you need to

46Ici30.gif

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The last 3 or 4 pages or whatever you other fags have the forum set to.... is absolute mathematical proof of the efficiency and explanatory power of capitalism and natural selection. Any company or society that stoops so low as to cater to this self hating cunt is going to be absolutelydevoured.

A fleeing and leaping gazelle turning around to a pack of hungry lions and asking nicely for them to not eat its entire family?

Pure madness.

Mist, stay deep inside your pack of herbivorous gazelles. Do not wander to the edges of the herd. The taller grass may grow there, and it may look delicious, but you were not trained by your parents to exist there. The genes that build the structures that are required to thrive in such a place were not handed down to you. I advise you to stay in the middle and continue to feed on barren shoots. It's what you seem to be evolved and adapted to.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The last 3 or 4 pages or whatever you other fags have the forum set to.... is absolute mathematical proof of the efficiency and explanatory power of capitalism and natural selection. Any company or society that stoops so low as to cater to this self hating cunt is going to be absolutelydevoured.

A fleeing and leaping gazelle turning around to a pack of hungry lions and asking nicely for them to not eat its entire family?

Pure madness.

Mist, stay deep inside your pack of herbivorous gazelles. Do not wander to the edges of the herd. The taller grass may grow there, and it may look delicious, but you were not trained by your parents to exist there. The genes that build the structures that are required to thrive in such a place were not handed down to you. I advise you to stay in the middle and continue to feed on barren shoots. It's what you seem to be evolved and adapted to.
Yeah, I mean, on one hand, I'm the first to admit that I am totally not cut out for this shit, purely from a culture standpoint.

On the other hand, my ability to produce output is extraordinary, and I learn things very quickly. When I show up to work, I am there to work. I do not get distracted, goof off, or have significant downtime. I do not care who is my friend, I do not need a life outside of work, and generally enjoy passing time by filling that time with as much output as is possible.

If I could figure out how to not be an insufferable cunt about everything, I would probably do well.

• 1Faggotry