Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I realize I'm fucking dumb, but do you think I'd work 65 hour weeks on the reg if I wasn't getting paid?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist Mist , is working these extra hours mandatory, or is it more of a "You'll work extra hours when and if we need you to" type of thing?
It's not mandatory, but 80% of the people I work with are lazy/incompetent, so if I didn't work extra hours, I'd end up having to do everyone else's work in a smaller amount of time and just get paid less for it.

Third shift just doesn't like to come in, so on the weekends, when there is no 'first shift' if I didn't cover for missing people on third shift, it would just be a bigger shitshow to greet me in the morning.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Jew

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's not mandatory, but 80% of the people I work with are lazy/incompetent, so if I didn't work extra hours, I'd end up having to do everyone else's work in a smaller amount of time and just get paid less for it.

Third shift just doesn't like to come in, so on the weekends, when there is no 'first shift' if I didn't cover for missing people on third shift, it would just be a bigger shitshow to greet me in the morning.

If it's not your work to begin with, why not do what you can in your allotted time and then move on?

If you're voluntarily accepting the extra time, then why complain? It's weird seeing you complain about hours they're not forcing you to work but then humblebragging about the money in the middle of whining about it. If you don't wanna work it, then don't. But if you want the extra money then why complain?

And this is coming from someone who just walked away from a company that assigned mandatory overtime/extra hours/extra shifts.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ehh our entire contract team was "essentially told" work 82+ hrs a week so we can get more on our next option year

• 1Jew

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If it's not your work to begin with, why not do what you can in your allotted time and then move on?
Because our work isn't assigned really assigned. 90% of what we do is reactive. A huge part of the job is real-time monitoring of basically every voice/data device we've ever sold 6500 customers at over 200,000 sites. If SNMP traps and other various voice/data alarms aren't investigated and properly triaged overnight, then everything is going to be shit the next morning. No supervisors work between 8pm on Friday to 12am on Monday morning, so there isn't anyone actually running the place. A single missed alarm can cause a witch hunt/firestorm that will make every one and every thing in the department miserable for weeks.

If you're voluntarily accepting the extra time, then why complain? It's weird seeing you complain about hours they're not forcing you to work but then humblebragging about the money in the middle of whining about it. If you don't wanna work it, then don't. But if you want the extra money then why complain?

And this is coming from someone who just walked away from a company that assigned mandatory overtime/extra hours/extra shifts.
Because all my money goes to pay my mom's bills anyway. Please keep up!

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Jew

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Because our work isn't assigned really assigned. 90% of what we do is reactive. A huge part of the job is real-time monitoring of basically every voice/data device we've ever sold 6500 customers at over 200,000 sites. If SNMP traps and other various voice/data alarms aren't investigated and properly triaged overnight, then everything is going to be shit the next morning. No supervisors work between 8pm on Friday to 12am on Monday morning, so there isn't anyone actually running the place. A single missed alarm can cause a witch hunt/firestorm that will make every one and every thing in the department miserable for weeks.

Do you think your mom doesn't mind taking all your money because she is disappointed her baby boy grew up to be a degenerate cross dressing faggot?

• 1Like
  • 1Jew

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A single missed alarm can cause a witch hunt/firestorm that will make every one and every thing in the department miserable for weeks.

Then work your shift and let the slackers burn? I know we've told you this before, but /boggle.

...aaaand I can see this coming full circle to the eternal multi-year debate already.

Yes, yes, trust me, we all know this by now LOL

• 1Jew

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

I would love to hear what your coworkers think of the lesbian who works 30 hour shifts and casually threatens suicide.

• 1Jew

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then work your shift and let the slackers burn? I know we've told you this before, but /boggle.
Tried that. People outside our department don't care who fucked up, only that "after hours team fucked up."

Management inside our department doesn't fire the slackers, because no one wants to work here, and especially no one wants to work second or third shift here.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Jew

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
and if memory serves your management doesn't recognize your effort, right?

This convo is making me feel better about the place I just left already, LOL, and it wasn't even all that bad

• 1Jew

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
and if memory serves your management doesn't recognize your effort, right?
I've gotten some prepaid gift cards as compensation/special recognition, but nothing substantial.

I've been told my pay will be sharply corrected in December, but nothing is in writing.

If it is not corrected, the university has offered me 22.50 an hour (which is 3 dollars more an hour than I make here) for a way easier job, but only 25-30 hours a week. I'm sure I can find something productive or maybe even fun with the extra 30-40 hours of time I'll have on my hands every week.

• 1Faggotry

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You should really start logging what it is you take care of that isn't your job. Present it to management at annual review or whatever. Or create venues to tell them how much extra shit you're taking care of. There are a bunch of ways to make sure the people who matter know the extra effort is being spent.

• 1Jew

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You should really start logging what it is you take care of that isn't your job. Present it to management at annual review or whatever. Or create venues to tell them how much extra shit you're taking care of. There are a bunch of ways to make sure the people who matter know the extra effort is being spent.
Annual reviews are only done by our direct supervisor. Getting a 'leadership meeting' is impossible, extra impossible for people who work second and third shift.

Both my direct supervisor and his direct supervisor are afraid that I want their jobs.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Jew

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Annual reviews are only done by our direct supervisor. Getting a 'leadership meeting' is impossible, extra impossible for people who work second and third shift.

Both my direct supervisor and his direct supervisor are afraid that I want their jobs.
You can do things Mist. Learn to take some initiative, tell your superiors exactly how much you want and that if they don't meet those demands you are leaving (you have another job offer as leverage) or continue to whine and cry on the internet and act like you're the first person to ever think that they're underpaid.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I realize I'm fucking dumb, but do you think I'd work 65 hour weeks on the reg if I wasn't getting paid?
You work a dead end job and give a large portion of your salary to your mom. Who knows?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did I say I was the first?

This place is particularly shitty though. Just as an anecdote, we're a 1400 person company, but we've got an entire page on our intranet devoted to customers we've lost to companies started by ex-employees.

As for making demands of my direct superiors, I think my supervisor and his supervisor are more worried about me staying than leaving.

• 1Faggotry

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Jesus people it the same fucking thread over and over again.

Mist complains about her job
Mist complains about her pay
Mist complains about her co-workers
Mist complains about her mom.

Rererolled gives valid advice to him to fix his situation.

Most gets a job offer for a job that pays more and is less stress (this is the lie)

Rerolled tells him to take the new job stupid.

Mist stops talking about the offer for a while and hopes people forgets

The cycle begins anew.

Mist. You don't work all those hours.
Mist. Your co-workers are not nearly as bad as you say.
Mist. Almost all your stories are lies and Fabrications for attention.
Mist. You have a cock.

Seriously people go back 10,15,20 pages it's the same cycle.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You forgot:
a_skeleton_02 offers money for sexual favors
a_skeleton_02 is blue balled and makes summaries.

Otherwise good summary :)

• 1Like