Misunderstood pro football player donates an Xbox to a cancer ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I never read any of the olscratch stuff and wasn't impacted by his harassment/etc in any way. Why is he banned and now in a bunch of other trouble? Seems totally unfair, just rickshaw him for 4 days! If you didn't like him, just put him on ignore!
Olscratch is just an accomplice anyways

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh, I think you can fling shit as much as you want, but preferably not be the one to swing the sword, especially in such a draconic measure.
You being amod changes the power dynamic and makes it look bad e.g. the apology to not get shitcanned.

Dis not #metoo thread

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can we please just temp unban him tomorrow and confine him to the NFL thread during the Vikings game? His drunken, over the top 'we could achieve world peace, I saw that because of people being happy during a football game' was fucking hilarious. If the Vikings lose I'm sure that will be hilarious to watch as well. Please Araysar Araysar !

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Can we please just temp unban him tomorrow and confine him to the NFL thread during the Vikings game? His drunken, over the top 'we could achieve world peace, I saw that because of people being happy during a football game' was fucking hilarious. If the Vikings lose I'm sure that will be hilarious to watch as well. Please Araysar Araysar !
Fuck no.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

This could be hilarious and probably get the sports forum maximum traffic. Someone think of the analytics!

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Oh, I instigated it now? Thats an interesting bit of revisionist history

in·sti·gate
ˈinstəˌɡāt/
verb
  1. bring about or initiate (an action or event).
    "they instigated a reign of terror"
    synonyms: set in motion, get underway, get off the ground, start, commence, begin, initiate, launch, institute, set up, inaugurate, establish, organize; More

• incite someone to do something, especially something bad.
      "instigating men to refuse allegiance to the civil powers"
      synonyms: incite, encourage, urge, provoke, goad, spur (on), initiate, stimulate, push (for), prompt, induce; More

You want to take another swing at that?

He didn't instigate it, though. I guess in your world responding to someone specifically calling you out is instigating? You want to say he was too harsh, fine, but you're already undermining any argument you have when you get the actual events wrong.

Hop on buddy.

By the definition of the word, yeah, Araysar Araysar instigated this. He escalated the situation, needlessley. To the detriment of the community.

Why does everyone say a year is too long? Dude has been shitting up threads for years. This wasn't a one time thing. He can't stop himself from acting that way so he needs time off.

Because some of us take ownership over ourselves, if I cant stand someone to the point of it making the threads / forum unbearable, I fucking IGNORE them you coddled fucking twat. Thats the purpose of that function. Use it.

I saw somebody say that they wanted to hear my opinion on the topic.

I am in a very delicate situation here for a couple reasons. I trust the moderators because you guys voted for them and I need to be less involved in how I think situations should be handled. Utnayan donated twice to the forum and I am sure he would continue doing so.

I trust that if enough people are concerned that they will ask for a change by using the proper manner to do so. If enough people aren't concerned then there might not be an actual issue.

I was not part of the decision other than to say that it needed to be over and that I wasn't going to tell them what they could or could not do.

The mod thing is 99% a joke, ppl vote like its a highschool "Who's who". So saying that is kind of a miss imo.

I do want your opinion. I remember you stating you did some IG work. This parallels that in a few ways. If you were doing your IG work (and had the power to also assess punishment, not only to investigate), and you sat around smoking weed with some joker, just so you could hit him for it, then swung the axe on his punishment as well . . . is that not a bit fucked up to you?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
sat around smoking weed with some joker, just so you could hit him for it, then swung the axe on his punishment as well . . . is that not a bit fucked up to you?
On the inverse should the moderators have to basically end their fun on the forum forever so that just in case the rare scenario comes up that somebody needs a ban they aren’t “allowed” to?

It’s a tough call right now.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
@a_skeleton_03 Just saw this had a thread in the other forum, just got back etc etc.

So hopping there. The IG question there was along the same vein.

And yes, to answer the question. To be a mod (take authority / power) you should understand you are going to make concessions, and there will be times when you have to do things you dont want to do. Thats the part of being a mod that prevents shit like this. If you are not willing to sacrifice those things, then dont fucking be a mod? Its not a complex thing. If you want to serve the community, the do so, but do not take it under that guise so that you can weild some authority in your own personal shit post fests / IRL BRO moments.

Cross posting this, as a final post prior to solely postingi n other thread.

• 2Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
in·sti·gate
ˈinstəˌɡāt/
verb
  1. bring about or initiate (an action or event).
    "they instigated a reign of terror"
    synonyms: set in motion, get underway, get off the ground, start, commence, begin, initiate, launch, institute, set up, inaugurate, establish, organize; More

• incite someone to do something, especially something bad.
      "instigating men to refuse allegiance to the civil powers"
      synonyms: incite, encourage, urge, provoke, goad, spur (on), initiate, stimulate, push (for), prompt, induce; More

You want to take another swing at that?

Hop on buddy.

By the definition of the word, yeah, Araysar Araysar instigated this. He escalated the situation, needlessley. To the detriment of the community.

Because some of us take ownership over ourselves, if I cant stand someone to the point of it making the threads / forum unbearable, I fucking IGNORE them you coddled fucking twat. Thats the purpose of that function. Use it.

The mod thing is 99% a joke, ppl vote like its a highschool "Who's who". So saying that is kind of a miss imo.

I do want your opinion. I remember you stating you did some IG work. This parallels that in a few ways. If you were doing your IG work (and had the power to also assess punishment, not only to investigate), and you sat around smoking weed with some joker, just so you could hit him for it, then swung the axe on his punishment as well . . . is that not a bit fucked up to you?

I escalated this???

LMAO, talk about revisionist history. I feel like Im in Twilight Zone

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
@a_skeleton_03 Just saw this had a thread in the other forum, just got back etc etc.

So hopping there. The IG question there was along the same vein.

And yes, to answer the question. To be a mod (take authority / power) you should understand you are going to make concessions, and there will be times when you have to do things you dont want to do. Thats the part of being a mod that prevents shit like this. If you are not willing to sacrifice those things, then dont fucking be a mod? Its not a complex thing. If you want to serve the community, the do so, but do not take it under that guise so that you can weild some authority in your own personal shit post fests / IRL BRO moments.

Cross posting this, as a final post prior to solely postingi n other thread.

a_skeleton_03 doesn't even need this explained to him. He went from being a troll that I really disliked on Rerolled to being a respectable and standup administrator of the new board. He changed his behavior because he understands that being in charge comes with responsibilities like that.

He should expect his elected staff to do the same. He's trying to be laissez-faire with this latest staff change, and I appreciate that, but if he wants to avoid situations like this in the future then there are absolutely a few expectations he should enforce on the staff.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
On the inverse should the moderators have to basically end their fun on the forum forever so that just in case the rare scenario comes up that somebody needs a ban they aren’t “allowed” to?

It’s a tough call right now.
Do you remember when the mobile company droped us because we had alt-right nazi mods?
It is one thing to have users who behave certain way, vs mods who behave a certain way. It is just the way it works with positions of authority.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Do you remember when the mobile company droped us because we had alt-right nazi mods?
It is one thing to have users who behave certain way, vs mods who behave a certain way. It is just the way it works with positions of authority.
Did I punish any of the moderation team for that at the time? Did I demote them?

Was the company correct?

I wholeheartedly agree with you when it comes to acting differently and being held to a higher standard. We might not agree where the line is but we agree that there is a line.

I am pretty sure you were a moderator when Utnayan was but if not you should be aware of why he was removed as a moderator. He "abused" a member with his power. There was a distinct difference from that and this scenario. It also showed how Utnayan feels about the moderator to user relationship and where he sees the line.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Don't let crazies dictate where the line is placed.

And because he thinks the line allow for abuse, he should be exposed to it?

I doubt that's what your saying, but it can read that way.

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You all need to chill, guys. Is Utnayan paying you to stir up this drama?

How many free cruises have you pocketed so far?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought all the whiny crybaby bitches were gone from this site. Damn shame I'm so wrong on that. Anyone crying over Ut at this point is a mental fucking midget.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Why would someone's Vikings season tickets be good for the super bowl?

thats odd

Status
Not open for further replies.