Misunderstood pro football player donates an Xbox to a cancer ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I trust that if enough people are concerned that they will ask for a change by using the proper manner to do so.

i've been hesitant to start a poll thread since all Utnayan discussion has been merged here. i take it this is your way of saying a poll might be appropriate?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
eh, i mean, most of them were in the "Bannings" thread

anyway, Araysar made it sound like you were in on the decision that the ban would be irreversible. it's still your show at the end of the day, just making sure democracy still rules here even past just the elections. thread inc.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't give a shit about forum drama and didn't even know all this went down until now. I actually have a real life to live.

I do think it is fucked up that you set up your own ultimatum where someone had to Dox themselves or be banned. WTF guys...

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I don't give a shit about forum drama and didn't even know all this went down until now. I actually have a real life to live.

I do think it is fucked up that you set up your own ultimatum where someone had to Dox themselves or be banned. WTF guys...

Didnt have to dox. Could have blurred out name on check or provide proof in any other way.

Do you think its less fucked up than me forced to go on a caribbean cruise with him just so he could murder me?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, it is not less fucked up... but he had a manufactured burden of proof and consequences, you did not.

I really find it hard to believe you would have been satisfied with a photoshopped check anyways.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Dude, for the Xth time, there was no doxxing involved. A paycheck with identifying information blurred out is not doxxing anymore than him saying he was a practice squad player in 1997/8.

And yeah, obviously a photoshopped check wouldn't be good enough. That's not the same as blurring it out. One's fake, one has redacted information.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
No, it is not less fucked up... but he had a manufactured burden of proof and consequences, you did not.

I really find it hard to believe you would have been satisfied with a photoshopped check anyways.

Sure if i claimed to be someone else relentlessly for 10 years and used it to bludgeon people over the head with it or throw it in their faces to win arguments, then the burden of proof would be on me.

But i dont do that because im not a psychopath.

• 1Worf

Dis

Confirmed Male
The ONLY reason I would think a year would be too much is for the lulz. Maybe do a 1 month ban, then 11 months in the Rickshaw.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
eh, i mean, most of them were in the "Bannings" thread

anyway, Araysar made it sound like you were in on the decision that the ban would be irreversible. it's still your show at the end of the day, just making sure democracy still rules here even past just the elections. thread inc.
I told Araysar Araysar that I would not overturn his ban and that I wouldn't second guess his decision.

You guys know the process to overturn a ban and to potentially go over the moderation crew's head to me. You are doing it now. We will see how that goes. I am not stating how I would rule for two reasons, I am not sure what I want yet and if I did and revealed it then it would skew the poll results.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I told Araysar Araysar that I would not overturn his ban and that I wouldn't second guess his decision.

You guys know the process to overturn a ban and to potentially go over the moderation crew's head to me. You are doing it now. We will see how that goes. I am not stating how I would rule for two reasons, I am not sure what I want yet and if I did and revealed it then it would skew the poll results.

right right. again, my confusion was just because Araysar said in a definitive manner that the ban would never be reversed. and again, i just wanted to make sure that we are still adhering to our democratic values we've established. thanks compadre.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just for the sake of a comparison, so Araysar did serve a 1 year ban . . . so what was his year long ban for??

If I can ask that, or are the details / harmful / or if it was a different situation under the old regime.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
He was a truly insufferable blight on some threads, but my admittedly unthorough reading of this thread suggests that his continued participation here was made contingent on proving that he wasn't a liar? That shit doesn't sit right at all.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Just for the sake of a comparison, so Araysar did serve a 1 year ban . . . so what was his year long ban for??

If I can ask that, or are the details / harmful / or if it was a different situation under the old regime.

I served a ban that was over a year long but i wasnt the exception, other people served long bans for refusing to wear avatars that were a year long. Mine was over a sports bet and i refused to wear a gay Putin avatar.

Im not trotting this out as a sob story. Im just providing context where we banned people for longer for offenses that seem almost comical when you compare it to Utnayans decade long behavior of harassing users, shitting up threads and attempting to dox members.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah, cool that does give some comparison & context.

The gay Putin Avatar bet, that does ring a bell.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
First of all I was asked to take action by the Amod team and end it, otherwise i would have just continued the shit slinging in perpetuity. I proposed a course of action and received universal consent on it. The sword was not swung unilaterally, but rather by unanimous consensus. This was only explained like 7 times at this point.
To be honest I wasn't really fair in my post and painted with a broad brush, what I think amod should do in general.
All in all the situation was handled properly except that I don't agree with the lenght of the punishment.

Carry on Brosar and thanks for this awesome thread.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Make it contingent on him not spouting bullshit about cancer kids or vikings checks and I might agree with you. It's kinda retarded when you're actually trying to discuss a topic and he blows in screaming about his 65" OLED TV whilst calling out people.

ROFL

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I never read any of the olscratch stuff and wasn't impacted by his harassment/etc in any way. Why is he banned and now in a bunch of other trouble? Seems totally unfair, just rickshaw him for 4 days! If you didn't like him, just put him on ignore!

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.