MLB 2013 season

Tea_sl

shitlord
I like this 1 and done system. Normally I have to watch the Reds crash and burn over the course of 3 games.

They'll get bored of chanting your name eventually, Cueto!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Starting Cueto for this game was a terrible decision.

Hey, supertouch. I bet your manager could beat up the Reds manager.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He's been on the DL the vast majority of the season and only had two starts prior to this one. Yes, they were quality starts. Against the Mets and Astros. He just wasn't ready for this.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's been on the DL the vast majority of the season and only had two starts prior to this one. Yes, they were quality starts. Against the Mets and Astros. He just wasn't ready for this.
You see his career numbers against the Pirates?

Also, and I am repeating myself here, STOP HITTING CHOO!!!!!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Career numbers against" are a worthless stat. The sample size is never large enough to be worthwhile data.
It's a pretty good size, plus they wanted to pitch Latos but he got hurt or whatever.

He is 13-4 with a 2.37 ERA in 21 career starts against Pittsburgh, numbers that are even better at PNC Park, where he is 8-2 with a 1.90 ERA.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I don't know. Latos would have been the guy. Cueto wasn't ready, but makes more sense than anyone else.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Grand slam incoming. Hoover is always good for one of those.

This is just funny. Defense has been a strong suit for the Reds all season. And then two of the strongest defensive players - Phillips and Cozart fuck up three times between them today and it's only the end of the fourth.

I'm looking forward to seeing a real postseason team play on Friday in O.Co.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It's a pretty good size, plus they wanted to pitch Latos but he got hurt or whatever.

He is 13-4 with a 2.37 ERA in 21 career starts against Pittsburgh, numbers that are even better at PNC Park, where he is 8-2 with a 1.90 ERA.
Oh, you're still evaluating pitchers with wins and losses and ERA. Carry on, then.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't have his WHIP and ERA+ and all that other shit handy, I have a cut and paste from the game preview=P He's had success.

If it's any consolation your Being A Cunt On Forums+ stat is off the charts.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What about my Cunt On Forums Over Replacement? I was mostly fucking with you, sir, sorry if that didn't come through.

I mean, it's fine to talk about that stuff, just understand that even the 20 or so starts that composes aren't really enough to tell you anything useful, particularly with how much the opposing team is going to have varied.

It's just shit that broadcasters talk about to fill time.

As far as Cueto goes, his whole year is small sample size, but aside from an elevated home run rate, he's about where he should be I think.