MLB 2013 season

supertouch_sl

shitlord
the braves are supposedly close to acquiring upton. if texas doesn't land him because jon daniels refused to part with luis sardinas i'm going to be pissed

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Whose been under-performing after that one good year. Either because he's continually been trade bait or some other reason, but still.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Its a win for the braves for sure. The braves are trying to transform into a team that hits dingers to get a lead and then is lights out in the 7th,8th and 9th innings. Combine that with great outfield defense to pair up with the solid starting pitching and we have a winner.
Now they are lacking a true lead-off hitter and they will have too many rally killing strikeouts for sure, but they can fix these issues.

Personally i wish they had resigned Bourn and just traded for Justin but obviously playing with his brother was the plan all along. This team has the ability for every player to hit between 20-35 homers. Seriously if you include the obvious platoon of Johnson/Francisco at 3rd every position player on the braves could hit 25+ homers. I wonder if that would be a record?
Whatever happens this will be a fun team to watch.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just don't get this trade for Arizona. Maybe if Towers didn't show his hand so soon on wanting him dealt, he could have done much better than that haul.

rrr_img_10610.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nable/related/

What is going on in Tampa Bay, and Florida in general when it comes to fans showing up to games? Marlins, Rays, and throw the Dolphins in now just have awful attendance numbers year in, and out. I get the Dolphins, they have been pretty bad for about a decade, but the Rays at this point are one of the best run franchises.

I find it kinda funny to that MLB is putting pressure on the Rays to turn it around, but that clown Jeffrey Loria who fleeced the city of Miami, had a brand new monstrocity of a ballpark built, constructed what looked to be a contending team, only to slash and burn it all after one season. He gets the pass. Sounds to me like the wrong organization was rewarded with a new park, but in the end It doesn't appear that Florida can support a MLB team.

Krag

Peasant
Personally i wish they had resigned Bourn and just traded for Justin but obviously playing with his brother was the plan all along. This team has the ability for every player to hit between 20-35 homers. Seriously if you include the obvious platoon of Johnson/Francisco at 3rd every position player on the braves could hit 25+ homers. I wonder if that would be a record?
There's no way to "just" resign a Boras client, especially not with him coming off a career year. We have no idea if Bourn was ever in Atlanta's plans, but I expect they'd be very leery of offering a 30 year old speed guy a long term top dollar contract.

Also, there's no way Simmons hits near 25 home runs, 10 maybe if things go right, but apart from that, yeah, there's potential for a lot of balls going out of the park from the rest of the lineup (depending on when McCann gets back).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks as if Arod may have played his last game as Yankee. Allegations he's been using again. Front office trying to void his contract, even after Arod denies it all. Shows you how much his own team thinks of it. No way it gets voided though.
The MLBPA has a CBA, and according to the CBA a player can only have his deal 'voided' if he fails three drug tests, because then he is banned for life.

Sounds like a bunch more names to follow as well. Gio, Melky and N. Cruz on this list so far.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...inic-ped-lists

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ording-sources