MLB 2013 season

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It is at the same time a fair offer and one that I wouldn't make. I'm not as high on Upton as some people are.

Also, Taijuan Walker isn't the #1 prospect in the Mariners system. Mike Zunino has that spot now.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is at the same time a fair offer and one that I wouldn't make. I'm not as high on Upton as some people are.

Also, Taijuan Walker isn't the #1 prospect in the Mariners system. Mike Zunino has that spot now.
Not a huge fan of Upton either. Lot of people want him in Boston, thank god he listed us on his no trade clause. Hoping to see a Sox/Rangers trade with Ellsbury and Andrus involved.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Houston needs to call about Upton!

Man the HOF voting pisses me off. Though Bonds and Clemens getting over 35% means they may have a shot. I watched Biggio and Bagwell all my life basically, I'm pretty sure Bagwell roided up, Biggio never scared anyone ever in his career, I'm fine with them waiting. Much more butthurt about this PED high horse shit

Sterling

El Presidente

Man the HOF voting pisses me off. Though Bonds and Clemens getting over 35% means they may have a shot. I watched Biggio and Bagwell all my life basically, I'm pretty sure Bagwell roided up, Biggio never scared anyone ever in his career, I'm fine with them waiting. Much more butthurt about this PED high horse shit
I agree about the PED shit myself. Still butthurt about Time Raines though. It's the whole Art Monk/Chris Carter thing except you know, baseball's version.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I think the Upton trade will likely still end up happening. No trade clauses are almost never a stopping point in situations like these. Seattle wasn't on Upton's no-trade list last year, so there's very little evidence he hates Seattle in some way.

It's all about leverage. They'll toss him a few extra million and/or let him turn the 2015 year of his deal into a player option.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The baseball writers are so terrible. They had no problems turning a blind eye to the steroid era when it was benefiting them in the form of the re-popularization of the sport. Now it is time to vote in some of these guys the writers are going to get on their high horse and judge these guys? The baseball writers were just as culpable as the owners and players were in what happened during the steroid era and it is extremely hypocritical for them to act like they are above all of that now.

Also any voter who has voted for a relief pitcher but won't vote for Edgar Martinez should lose his voting privileges.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ham;53099 said:

Man the HOF voting pisses me off. Though Bonds and Clemens getting over 35% means they may have a shot. I watched Biggio and Bagwell all my life basically, I'm pretty sure Bagwell roided up, Biggio never scared anyone ever in his career, I'm fine with them waiting. Much more butthurt about this PED high horse shit[/QUO

Bagwell when he was in the Redsox system was a projected doubles hitter. Was drafted as a 3d baseman to which the sox a spot he couldn't play. Couldn't play 1st was blocked by Mo Vaughn, so we trade him to Houston for Larry Anderson. Good call.

Roids or not, that trade still stings.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agenor;53681 said:
Bagwell when he was in the Redsox system was a projected doubles hitter. Was drafted as a 3d baseman to which the sox a spot he couldn't play. Couldn't play 1st was blocked by Mo Vaughn, so we trade him to Houston for Larry Anderson. Good call.

Roids or not, that trade still stings.
I can one up that

As a scout for the Houston Astros, Hal Newhouser evaluated Jeter extensively prior to the 1992 Major League Baseball (MLB) Draft. The Astros held the first overall pick in the draft, and Newhouser, convinced that Jeter would anchor a winning team, lobbied team management to select Jeter.[11] However, the Astros feared that Jeter would insist on a salary bonus of at least $1 million to forgo his college scholarship for a professional contract.[11] Consequently, the Astros passed on him in the draft, instead choosing Cal-State Fullerton outfielder Phil Nevin, who signed with Houston for $700,000.[11] Newhouser felt so strongly about Jeter's potential that he quit his job with the Astros in protest after they ignored his drafting advice

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember hearing about Houston wanting Jeter, but damn I never saw that story about Newhouser walking off the job. Good for him. Why stay if they wont let you do your job.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
olney and mlb trade rumors are reporting that arizona is now interested in olt. if it's olt + andrus, i'll buy elvis' plane ticket

communistbloc_sl

shitlord
The BBWAA is "making a stand" against steroid users. The HOF was a joke before this decade started and has just solidified itself as the worst HOF out there for professional sports.

communistbloc_sl

shitlord
The only thing I can predict is that I don't expect the SF Giants to repeat. As a fan, I'd like for them to win again, but I know that last season was an anomaly and they probably don't have that kind of fight in them for another season. Also, the Dodgers and Angels are going to turn into NYY/Bos West.
frown.png

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The BBWAA is "making a stand" against steroid users. The HOF was a joke before this decade started and has just solidified itself as the worst HOF out there for professional sports.
Who got in the Hall last decade that was terrible? Maybe a few borderline guys got in, but nothing id say was worst HOF ever. Totally agree on the making a stand against the roid guys though. The idiots who made the stand are the ones who jerked the same guys off as they broke record after record. Hypocrites

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Nationals beefing up the bullpen. Be very surprised not seeing this team not make the series.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/88...ls-source-says
Mad homerism, but I think the Reds will be serious contenders again. I thought they were obviously at that level last year, but Scott Rolen decided to be old and Mat Latos decided to suck against a team he always dominates. I just don't see the Giants repeating again. Of course, Bochy has a way of keeping those players motivated in the most dire of situations. The Braves might have another monster season as well.