MLB 2014 Season Thread

Duppin_sl

shitlord
GM's who are being strung along on year-to-year deals and are finally sniffing the postseason and perhaps a chance to get another long-term contract do.

(What I am trying to say is if management continues to put GM's in this situation these are the type of moves that are going to result from it. Should have shat or gotten off the pot with Jack Z, you just sit there straining you are bound to end up with hemorrhoids.)
He should've been fired two years ago. But he should be fired now before the trades half the farm for a year and a half of Price to try to save his job.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Rayburn, single handily, cost us that game. I don't think I've ever seen such a terrible play as that. The initial miss on catching the ball was excusable, if annoying, but spiking the ball into the ground was beyond belief. Kluber looked pissed because he was having a fantastic game up to that point.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I've heard various sources propose Franklin and Walker for Price. That would be the dumbest trade ever if that goes down.
The organization is very down on Walker at the moment due to perceived attitude problems. They're practically wanting to leave him on the curb with a "FREE" sign on him.

It's stupid, but Mariners.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Rayburn, single handily, cost us that game. I don't think I've ever seen such a terrible play as that. The initial miss on catching the ball was excusable, if annoying, but spiking the ball into the ground was beyond belief. Kluber looked pissed because he was having a fantastic game up to that point.
uoglllgmplvilig5udf0.gif

I've never seen anything like it. Had you told me it was going to happen during a Royals game, I would have bet everything I owned that it was the Royals on the bad end of it, because, well, Royals.

Ryan Raburn Defensive Meltdown Leads To Easiest Inside-The-Parker Ever

And while that might be the worst defensive play of the year in the MLB, it's may not even be the worst defensive play of Raburns career

Here's Your MLB Play Of The Season As Ryan Raburn Assists A Home Run
raburnd_o_gifsoup.com__medium.gif

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
uoglllgmplvilig5udf0.gif

I've never seen anything like it. Had you told me it was going to happen during a Royals game, I would have bet everything I owned that it was the Royals on the bad end of it, because, well, Royals.

Ryan Raburn Defensive Meltdown Leads To Easiest Inside-The-Parker Ever

And while that might be the worst defensive play of the year in the MLB, it's may not even be the worst defensive play of Raburns career

Here's Your MLB Play Of The Season As Ryan Raburn Assists A Home Run
raburnd_o_gifsoup.com__medium.gif
I agree with you on principle, because Royals, but Royals are pretty excellent defensively. And pitching. Just need to score a run or two every now and then. Moose is starting to show up which could help quite a bit

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
looks like he tried to hold the ball from throwing it but it slipped out of his hand. If anyone has played baseball on any level, you seen it happened a handful of times.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, he said that's what happened. Because the shift was on the basemen weren't where he expected when he went to throw and he tried to pull the throw back without success

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn, Carlos Santana tried to single-handedly rape the Royals in that 4 game series. 5 HR and 8 RBI in 4 games while going 9 for 14 with 5 walks. How do you let a guy barely hitting over .200 on the season do that to you?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
They will be soon enough. They've gone 10-25 recently and Oakland is in town. If all goes to plan though, we may wind up with first and second pick in next year's draft! Then we won't sign them.

They had a decent month or so, but it's all coming back down to normal now. The aforementioned 10-25 stretch and failure to sign Brady Aiken, coupled with them promoting Mark Appel to Double A after he had one good start to get his ERA below TEN and their line up outside of Jose Altuve being a black hole of complete shit. That, and the strikeouts, my god, the strikeouts. It's just feast or famine all through the line up, mostly famine lately.

A few of the starters are still performing...admirably? The bullpen is a trainwreck, though.

But to answer your question - no, no one gives a fuck.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
On a pseudo-related note, good for Jason Lane. He was a journeyman outfielder for the Astros in the early-mid 00's (aughts?) who at 37, made his first career start today, throwing 6 scoreless innings before giving up a solo home run.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Which one of you fuckers wants Kurt Suzuki? Just hand over a shitty reliever that's under 30 but too old to actually improve and he's yours.