MLB 2014 Season Thread

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Lester scratched from tomorrow's start. I assume the Mariners are about to trade half their farm system for him so that Jack Z can desperately try to save his job.

Man, how wrong we were about him.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Check out the agility on the Astros mascot.

orbits-spinaroonie.gif

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lester scratched from tomorrow's start. I assume the Mariners are about to trade half their farm system for him so that Jack Z can desperately try to save his job.

Man, how wrong we were about him.
Hard believe 9 months after a World Series win the Sox would be trading their ace. Hopefully it turns out to be just a rental. Rumors that are flying out there are for some top notch prospects. Here's to hoping with fleece some team, and resign the guy in the off season.

What a chaotic last 3 seasons Boston has been through.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Tigers pitching dominated the A's last post season, that's what Beane was thinking. Now he's built a rotation that will give a big fuck you to every lineup it comes across.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cespedes isn't the A's best power hitter. Both Moss and Donaldson have more HRs and higher SLGs. I like Cespedes. He's a fun a player to watch, but he's pretty overrated and I think the Red Sox overpaid. Gomes even has a much higher OBP. Cespedes has a OBP hovering around .300. It wasn't even that high last year.

A's starting rotation is downright nasty now. When Chavez is your #5 starter you have a really fucking good rotation.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cespedes isn't the A's best power hitter. Both Moss and Donaldson have more HRs and higher SLGs. I like Cespedes. He's a fun a player to watch, but he's pretty overrated and I think the Red Sox overpaid. Gomes even has a much higher OBP. Cespedes has a OBP hovering around .300. It wasn't even that high last year.

A's starting rotation is downright nasty now. When Chavez is your #5 starter you have a really fucking good rotation.
Forgot about Donaldson. But how did the Red Sox overpay? Cespedes is under contract through next season. Sox also picked up the A's competitive balance draft choice next year which is huge. The A's got Lester for two months, who will most likely end back up on the Sox after the season. Gomes is a nice platoon hitter, but an abysmal outfielder. Long as he can DH that will work.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the Sox clearly hope Cespedes will hit better in Boston. He has the tools to be a very good OF if he can get on base more. Also Cespedes is a far better power hitter then a guy like Brandon moss even if his slugging is lower this year.

Lackey just traded to St.Luis

Edit: get back Allen Craig and Joe Kelly. Awful deal

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the Sox clearly hope Cespedes will hit better in Boston. He has the tools to be a very good OF if he can get on base more. Also Cespedes is a far better power hitter then a guy like Brandon moss even if his slugging is lower this year.

Lackey just traded to St.Luis

Edit: get back Allen Craig and Joe Kelly. Awful deal
Joe Kelly is a nice arm. Allen Craig makes no sense with the Cespedes trade.. More shoes to drop I think for Boston.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm

This man knows his Baseball. This trade works out for both teams as Cespedes is overrated at the moment but has room to improve in Boston. Lester is a top 5 pitcher this year going by the metrics. The A's desperately needed that entering the postseason.
It really is an all in situation for them, they cannot resign players they know its now or never.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Interesting to see if this works for Oakland, It's costing them a ton and it's hardly a guaranteed WS. All the Red Sox wins were without some super dominating pitching staff.

Reports are Andrew Miller is going to be traded, likely to the Tigers. May as well trade Uehera also imo.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stephen Drew to Yankees, dunno about return

Andrew Miller to Orioles. Sox got a legit top 100 prospect for him. Very impressive.

Edit: apparently Stephen Drew for Kelly Johnson. don't really get it from Sox Pov. Maybe saves a bit of money?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Wow. PRice to Detroit! Then they showed Austin Jackson on the MLBN beign removed from the game because he got traded. Awkward