MLB 2014 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
After seeing your post last night I started researching more into the trade and I found no links that confirmed it. Just a bunch of rumored reports. Fucking ESPN.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dodgers are not fucking around

Padres, Dodgers nearing Matt Kemp trade

The deal will send Kemp and catcher Tim Federowicz to San Diego, with the Dodgers receiving catcher Yasmani Grandal, righty Joe Wieland, and pitching prospect Zach Eflin. The Dodgers will also include $30MM to help cover the $107MM remaining on Kemp's contract.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Can't wait to see what the Reds do with all this money they're getting by not picking up options and trading away players.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What in the hell are they doing there in Tampa?A rumorfloating around that they are going to move Myers to the Pads. Two years removed from RoY and several years of club control left on him. I know Friedman is gone, but this is downright retarded.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
rrr_img_85561.jpg

MLB | Rays, Padres, Nats agree on Wil Myers trade - Rotoworld.com

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The Royals offseason has improved a bit over the past week

Royals are spending money, keeping long-term options open - SBNation.com

We've signed Edinson Volquez to replace James Shields, Alex Rios to replace Nori Aoki, and Kendrys Morales to repalce Billy Butler.

I think the Volquez signing is possibly an upgrade, the Rios signing is definitely and upgrade, and the Morales signing is even a best, but probably a slight offensive downgrade(but he can play the field, Butler was DH only)

Not bad so far, Royals have upped their payroll by 25% over last year so far, we're up to $114 million from $91m last year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Giants haven't really done shit yet. They resigned Romo, who has actually been decent in a late reliever, rather than closer role. They also let Morse walk, which really sucks. I think he was an awesome Giant and was the cause of some awesome post-season memories. He kept the offense the hottest team in baseball, until June, once he stopped hitting as many HRs.