MLB 2015 Season

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Spring training has begun, the season will be here in a couple weeks, time for a new thread.

ITT we discuss why the Royals will repeat as AL champs

MZ7VJhU.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's an odd year, so the Giants will be total shit. I look forward to WS #4 in '16, however.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't think Will Ferrel has a future in baseball, but it was still an entertaining day.

My favorite was the onscreen caption "traded to Cubs in the middle of the 3rd"

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I don't think Will Ferrel has a future in baseball, but it was still an entertaining day.

My favorite was the onscreen caption "traded to Cubs in the middle of the 3rd"
that shit was entertaining. he came in to pitch for the dodgers right now,1 pitch 1 out and Mattingly pulled him. haha. Had his kids in the dugout and asked if someone gave his son some chewing tobacco. His son said yes, and he goes, good job! lol He can keep that straight serious face like no one i ever seen. Everyone else is laughing their ass off and he's just super serious.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rob Manfred will consider Pete Rose's request for reinstatement | Big League Stew - Yahoo Sports

I hope he lifts it. I think it's a joke that Charlie Hustle is banned. He may have bet on baseball but I'm pretty sure he didn't throw games, at least while he was playing. If you ever saw him play he was pretty damn competitive, which is why they called him Charlie Hustle.

Manfred has already approved Rose's involvement in the 2015 All-Star Game, which will be held in Cincinnati. That already seems like a major step for Rose, considering the lifetime ban.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't think they should let Pete be involved in baseball in anyway, but the man fucking deserves to be in the Hall no question.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yes, it is a joke the Pete Rose isn't in the HOF. He is your all time hits leader for crying out loud. Put him in there and tell his story, including the gambling and ban. As far as his betting, I'm pretty sure he bet on his own team but the arguement is he could have used inside information about the other team when deciding to bet on his own team.

The single season and all time home run champion should also be in there and all of the other roiders. Can't just pretend an entire era of baseball didn't exist because you are embarrassed that you turned a blind eye to it in order to sell newspapers and/or get clicks (talking about the BBWAA here...).

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yes, it is a joke the Pete Rose isn't in the HOF. He is your all time hits leader for crying out loud. Put him in there and tell his story, including the gambling and ban. As far as his betting, I'm pretty sure he bet on his own team but the arguement is he could have used inside information about the other team when deciding to bet on his own team.

The single season and all time home run champion should also be in there and all of the other roiders. Can't just pretend an entire era of baseball didn't exist because you are embarrassed that you turned a blind eye to it in order to sell newspapers and/or get clicks (talking about the BBWAA here...).
Hell, the Roiders which is worse then what Pete did imo, are allowed to fucking stay in baseball and even coach (Mark McGwire) the only fucking player that got outsed was Jose Canseco (His big mouth im sure). lol

Pete shouldnt be able to be a manger. That should never happen, but he should be able to go watch the damn Reds play if he wants. MLB wants him at the All-Star game in Cincy this year. If they want to do that, they might as well just lift the stupid ban.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
the only fucking player that got outsed was Jose Canseco (His big mouth im sure). lol
A couple of others flew under the radar by basically saying "yeah I did it, my bad" and moving on. The most notable example I can think of is Andy Pettitte, nobody remembers he did HGH because he just fessed up and apologized rather than forgetting how to speak english or the other nonsense most of these guys did and continue to do.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
A couple of others flew under the radar by basically saying "yeah I did it, my bad" and moving on. The most notable example I can think of is Andy Pettitte, nobody remembers he did HGH because he just fessed up and apologized rather than forgetting how to speak english or the other nonsense most of these guys did and continue to do.
i mean blacklisted by MLB. The rest of the guys can find a job post playing career. Jose said no one will even talk to him, its why i said his big mouth is probably why. He blew the fucking lid off the whole thing. lol

anyways, like 2 weeks til the start of the season. cant wait.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not that I disagree on RBIs specifically, but I see people say that every classically recorded baseball stat is retarded.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I still don't understand the hype behindKris Bryant. He seems almost like the exact carbon copy ofMike Olt, with a bit more power, but strikes out almost the an equal rate. I don't give a damn if he can hit the ball a mile like Mark Reynolds or Adam Dunn. If he is striking out nearly 30% in the minors he is going to have little to no chance at the major league level. And I don't quote his spring training numbers, Mousuckass 3 years ago hit nearly .400 with quite a few homers, but he couldn't hit Alexei Ramirez's body weight during the regular season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Sabean loves washed up has-beens, but like you said, you can't argue the results. I think a LOT of the success is due to Bochy, however. I've never seen a better "pitching" manager and that's essentially how we won all 3.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not that I disagree on RBIs specifically, but I see people say that every classically recorded baseball stat is retarded.
Okay. That doesn't detract from an arbitrary stat that people say the more you get the better you are when if that same person was in another spot in the order they maybe wouldn't get even half of said stat which according to some would mean magically they aren't as good.