MLB 2015 Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Astros 2015 team of destiny!

Keuchel looking sharp so far. This ump's strike zone is ten shades of fucked up, though. Called a strike on the first pitch, and it was practically in the dirt.
@profundis - Almost felt like 2005 again.

s9ugGcR.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I feel old. Didn't realise till yesterday when he threw out the first pitch that Biggio has been retired 8 years now. Damn.

Highlight of my Astros fandom was my great grandparents having their anniversary at the dome in 1981 and someone with pull got Nolan Ryan to come up and wish them well right before the game started. I was 10 years old and will never forget. My great grandmother thought Ryan was gonna turn the franchise around. I still have pics somewhere of the big scoreboard in the dome with thier anniversary listed on it. Good times. I'll never forget her being almost 90 living alone and watching baseball on a little 12" black and white TV and being so happy about it.

My second was meeting Jose Cruz and talking to him one on one for about 5 minutes.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Man, I'll be excited if the Giants just make it through the end of the week without another injury. Not that I was expecting them to do anything until 2016 anyways but injuries are threatening to derail this season before it ever really gets started.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the run production so far, but pitching is going to be a big issue if Cain and Peavy don't stay healthy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Royals must still think they are in the AL playoffs from last year. 2-0, 17 runs scored, 4HR (Royals didn't hit their 4th team HR last year until game #13)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Royals must still think they are in the AL playoffs from last year. 2-0, 17 runs scored, 4HR (Royals didn't hit their 4th team HR last year until game #13)
Team of destiny. Now the pitching was a little shaky yesterday (Duffy shouldn't have thrown at him, sparked their offense for sure), but the offense pulled them through which is completely opposite of last year.

Crazy that they were at Kauffman too, I don't know how many they hit there last year but it can't have been many.

Infante was the worst decision made in awhile though when they picked him up. What a trash player that they are paying out the nose for

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Infante is terrible. He needs to sit down and Christian Colon needs to take his spot at 2nd IMMEDIATELY. I've never in my life heard a stat like I heard during the game last night about Infante. This was roughly the 7th inning last night, and the announcer stated that 7 of Infante's 8 at-bats on the season so far had ended an inning(and the 8th was a mid-inning strikeout). Good lord that's bad. He is the ultimate rally-killer

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nice start to the season with a Royals sweep of the White Sox. Most experts had them finishing ahead of us in our division this year, definitely helps to jump out with a 3 game lead over them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Joey Votto is looking good. Hits the game-winning walk off hit last night and had the most important hit of today's game with a game-tying 2R HR. Starting out the season with a sweep of the Buccos has already surpassed my expectations of the season. Or maybe this is the best we'll see of the Reds this season.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, the Royals are 2nd in the league in Runs, HR, Slugging, Average, and OPS...behind Detroit who is also in our division. That sucks. Both teams are 5-0 and already are 3 games up on 2nd place, the AL Central might end up being only a 2 horse race this year. Both teams are also like top 5 in every major pitching category...stupid Detroit.

And I know, it's way too early to proclaim anything. In Football terms, we're only at about halftime in the 1st game of the season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, the Royals are 2nd in the league in Runs, HR, Slugging, Average, and OPS...behind Detroit who is also in our division. That sucks. Both teams are 5-0 and already are 3 games up on 2nd place, the AL Central might end up being only a 2 horse race this year. Both teams are also like top 5 in every major pitching category...stupid Detroit.

And I know, it's way too early to proclaim anything. In Football terms, we're only at about halftime in the 1st game of the season.
Not even that, we're like 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.

With that said, Lets go Tigers.
smile.png
Also, our bullpen will come crashing down soon enough, no worries.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Not even that, we're like 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.

With that said, Lets go Tigers.
smile.png
Also, our bullpen will come crashing down soon enough, no worries.
Halftime of a football game is 3.12% of the season.

5 games of baseball is 3.08% of the season.