MLB 2017

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stanton saying the Marlins were trash was one of the realest moments in sports that I can remember. Most guys would robotically thank the franchise and the fans, the GM, owner and move on. But he spoke his mind, after 8 seasons of losing baseball. Think about it, he had SEVEN different managers in 8 FUCKING YEARS. Like he said every spring training was a new regime, a new face, a new voice and mentality. That is insane. No consistency.

Besides, he had a fucking no trade clause. That is the Marlins own fault. They did give him a bunch of money, but he has been worth every penny. If he didnt start off playing like shit at the beginning of last season, he would have hit like 64 homers and 145+ rbi. He has been one of the best players in baseball for 6 years now. Good for him telling the truth about the Marlins being a shitcan pawn shop franchise.

The fact they have 2 World Series titles is amazing, both of those seasons were crazy when they won. Ill never forget their old time skipper Jack smoking a huge cigar on the victory bus. Its hard to believe they blew it up both times after they won. They havent been to the playoffs since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Sometimes you get a Kevin Brown and things come together. Then you win and have to actually pay the players and then it's time for a fire sale!

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That Britton news should be a wake up call to the Orioles in regards to Machado. Get the best deal you can, and move forward. Their asking price of two MLB-ready, high potential controllable starting pitchers is way too high for one year of Machado.

I think I like the Giants deal for Longoria? I mean, he had a down year, but he is still only 32 with a reasonable deal going forward. They are looking for a CF, and they have been linked to Billy Hamilton in trade talks, and possibly Lorenzo Cain. They are also taking a strong look at Bruce for a corner bat. That being said, we are talking about an older player in Longoria. Maybe this is finally a misstep, by what has been at least recently, an extremely smart organization in trying to bank on productive, yet past their prime players.

Ohtani update: MLBpipeline.com has Ohtani, rightfully, listed as the #1 overall prospect. He would be number #1 overall just as a pitcher, and #9 overall as just an outfield hitter. Crazy shit in one package.

Last edited:

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Ohtani update: MLBpipeline.com has Ohtani, rightfully, listed as the #1 overall prospect. He would be number #1 overall just as a pitcher, and #9 overall as just an outfield hitter. Crazy shit in one package.
I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Not quite sure how I feel about this one. On one end, Cole has legit front line "stuff". His peripherals aren't as pretty as they once were, and he could be trending in the wrong direction. That being said, if this ends up being for Clint Frazier and some mid/low tier prospects I think it's still worth it. Frazier is still a very good OF prospect, but he has no future with the Yankees after the Stanton trade.

I also kind of wonder if this would make the Cashman more comfortable about potentially moving one of the stud SP prospects (Adams or Sheffield) in a "Godfather" offer for Manny Machado.