MLB 2017

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
PED test please...59 homeruns? Alex Rodriguez approved. Good for him tho...Baseball is such a joke nowadays.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Such a joke that it has the most parity in professional sports.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Which sports would you say have more parity? The NBA where we've had the same teams in the Finals three years straight? The NFL where its been the Pats on the AFC side like 5 of the past 7 years?

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Now everyone can hate the Yankees again, yay!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wonder how this is going to look in 5 years.

There is a part of me that probably believes they hope he opts out after the third year and they move away from him. In return they are on the hook (after moving Castro's money & the $30 million the Marlins ate) for essentially $22-24 million /year for a guy of his talent levels from ages 28-37. Once those Harper, Machdo, and Kershaw contracts come through next off-season, even if he opts-in, carrying Stanton's contract is probably going to look very palatable.

Some predictions:
- Jose Abreu traded to the Cardinals
- Chris Archer to the Astros (accelerated by the fact Keuchel signed with Boras)
- Gerrit Cole to the Yankees
- Cozart to the Padres along with Eric Hosmer
- Carlos Santana to the Rangers
- Arrieta to the Brewers
- JD Martinez to the Red Sox :(
- Todd Frazier to the Angels (Mike Moustakas seems like a perfect fit, but the Angels probably go cheap here)

No fucking idea where Darvish will sign. I imagine his market will come down to the 6 yr / $125 million range and someone will pounce.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Stanton comes off classless in how he talked about the Marlins today. They paid his dumbass 300 million. At least don't bash them.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stanton comes off classless in how he talked about the Marlins today. They paid his dumbass 300 million. At least don't bash them.

I thought he was too "candid". Definitely seems like he keeps it a "little too real".

That being said they literally just had Jeff Passan on MLB Network and he was saying that the Marlins tried to really strong-arm him, to a shocking, disrespectful degree.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was too "candid". Definitely seems like he keeps it a "little too real".

That being said they literally just had Jeff Passan on MLB Network and he was saying that the Marlins tried to really strong-arm him, to a shocking, disrespectful degree.

I don't know what was said but the comments in the tweet certainly are not out of line. They are not here to send him where he wants.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what was said but the comments in the tweet certainly are not out of line. They are not here to send him where he wants.

Passan and other media guys were saying Jeter never reached out to Giancarlo after purchase, and other things along that line. Seems as if the writers are in unison in the sense that the new Marlins ownership hasn't started off on the best foot. As a Yanks fan, it seems as if Jeter has started a little too narcissisticly? That being said, that Giancarlo trade was always going to be a loss. The real test comes when they move (they should) Yelich, Realmuto, and Ozuna. That's where they absolutely need to get back prime prospects.

The only thing that is weird to me, is I thought they could eat a little more money for better prospects. You're going to be in such a rebuild that the money is going to be so incredibly low, why not take some more on and get better prospects.

Either way, I certainly don't feel bad for Giancarlo lol.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Way too much going down right now:

- Machado is probably on the move, Phils and Cards the favorites
- Angels are about to get a 3rd baseman
- Greinke is probably heading to the Rangers so that the Diamondbacks can sign JD Martinez
etc etc etc