MLB 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Pitchers and catchers report in a little over a month.

Still many big ticket free agents are still out there to be had.

Here is to another great season of fun in the sun.

Oh and your Astros are still the defending World Series Champions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dodges cut payroll but picked up a pitcher from the minors. Heres to hoping for another run.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Here's to another 95 win Nationals season and first round playoff flameout in the last Bryce Harper year.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Astros Acquire Gerrit Cole

WOWOWOWOWOW one helluva deal.
Absolutely stunned the Pirates did that. That is not a good return on any level.

Word was the Yanks were floating around Clint Frazier as a headliner, shit that would've been way better than Musgrove & Feliz lol.

Big win for the 'stros. Curious to see if the analytics department can help flip him back in the right direction, similar to what the did to Verlander.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Chipper, Vlad among 4 elected to Cooperstown

Chipper, Vlad, Thome, and Hoffman get in the Hall.

Not so sure on Vlad and Hoffman, but good for them for the recognition.

Bonds gained one extra vote, and Clemens lost three. I'm not even really sure I care about the Hall anymore, but yeah.

Edgar & Mussina should be in over the next few years.

Sterling

El Presidente
Mussina not being in is just dumb. I know he's likely to get in either next year or the one after, but it's still real dumb. Also, Walker getting such a low vote total when he has very similar numbers to Guerrero is a bit strange as well.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Its a popularity contest. Letting sports writers decide is the problem. They cannot be impartial.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Its a popularity contest. Letting sports writers decide is the problem. They cannot be impartial.
The amount of system gaming and agenda pushing in almost anything that's voted on in sports is always a thing, but the baseball HoF voting is the worst for it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's awful watching these old men hold on to the little power they have, by dictating their ideas of morality at us through their HoF voting.

With 3 weeks until pitchers & catchers report it looks like this glacial off-season should actually get moving. Should make for an exciting last few weeks. It appears Darvish & Lorenzo Cain are building towards decisions soon, hopefully no later than early next week. Seems like the holdout from GMs should create some opportunities for some teams to move in and secure some favorable deals.

Hosmer stays in KC
Darvish to the Cubs
Arrieta to the Brewers
Cobb to the Twins
Cain to the Rangers
No idea where Moustakas ends up. 3rd base market is dead, maybe the Braves?

I'll go on a limb and say Yelich to the Dodgers for a really nice package (Verdugo, Alvarez, and some other mid-tier prospects). I really feel that the Nats should really, really make a play at Realmuto. But they'll probably stand pat and always be a piece away from a real run.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
How about Kent continually getting screwed by the voters because he wasnt nice to the media.

Sterling

El Presidente
How about Kent continually getting screwed by the voters because he wasnt nice to the media.
That's obviously part of it, but he finished at 14.5 percent. If he had gotten 5 times as many votes he still wouldn't have made it.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That's obviously part of it, but he finished at 14.5 percent. If he had gotten 5 times as many votes he still wouldn't have made it.
That is why his votes are so low.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Brewers land Christian Yelich (I nailed that prediction...). Brinson, Diaz and two others going back to the Marlins.

Oh shit: Lorenzo Cain to the Brewers, 5 years /$80 million.

Wow, Brew Crew doing big things. Gotta think Keon Broxton & Domingo Santana, both solid outfielders will be on the move now. Might be able to get them for a steal. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants go after Broxton to share CF with Jackson.

Nationals are picking up steam towards JT Realmuto now. Making my predictions look extremely horrible.

Last edited: