MLB 2021 "Hot Stove": Third Time's a Charm for Dodgers

Who wins the 2021 World Series?

• Total voters

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So bad calls on pitches happen all the time, it is just really unfortunate that a bad call ends the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dunno why you felt the need to guzzle faggot juice tonight, I guess being a fan of a team from California makes you a Californian by proxy.
It sucks the game ended that way and he probably did try to check his swing but the ball had already gone by it looked to me.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
You have no idea what a checked swing is.
And neither did the idiot who called this:

photo5859380435052770999.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And neither did the idiot who called this:

View attachment 377341
This is my point about the above, and that bad calls happen. It's a shit part of the game, and honestly dumb that it can't be reviewed. It's just really unfortunate that the teams that had the 2 best records in the MLB, played each other close all year, and it comes down to a bad call to end it.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the ball had already gone by it looked to me.
Why do you keep bringing this up? It has nothing to do with whether or not a swing occurred. There is absolutely no question, it is a factual statement to say that Wilmer Flores did not swing. It's an even worse blown call than the Ruf swing from the other night.

Flores has never hit off Scherzer in his life and probably wasn't going to tonight, but he does have a decent history of clutch moments (including one earlier in this very series) so I think y'all earned yourself a very tiny asterisk if you go all the way this year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why do you keep bringing this up? It has nothing to do with whether or not a swing occurred. There is absolutely no question, it is a factual statement to say that Wilmer Flores did not swing. It's an even worse blown call than the Ruf swing from the other night.

Flores has never hit off Scherzer in his life and probably wasn't going to tonight, but he does have a decent history of clutch moments (including one earlier in this very series) so I think y'all earned yourself a very tiny asterisk if you go all the way this year.
It does matter. It's also my understanding there is no real guidelines on this and its more or less down to the ump. Which clearly thought it was a swing and not a check.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love seeing the Giants lose but that was a bullshit way for that game to end.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So if anyone’s favorite team advanced in the post season on a bad/lucky call, they’re going to stop watching that year? They’re going to give up and find a new team? Doubtful.

I’d bet dollars to donuts that 99.99% of SF fans would have taken a win if the positions were reversed.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Wow wasn't even close at breaking his swing. He held up and the 1b ump called a strike.

Cheating Lucky Dodgers win again.
Fixed.

Of course, if you can show proof that the Dodgers bribed the umpire who made the call, I'll be more than happy to agree with you.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's just stupid. If that's the case, every game that ever has had a bad call leads to an asterisk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Horrible call.

The first base umpire doesn't have that great of view. He's a million miles away, and it's thrust on him to make that call. It really should be a reviewable call at the very least. I'm sure they'll change it. It sucks for the Giants though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's just stupid. If that's the case, every game that ever has had a bad call leads to an asterisk.
It isn't 'every game ever', it was a game ending call in game 5 of a playoff series.

But yes, of course it's stupid. Chanur was being a mega-cunt last night so I went there.

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It isn't 'every game ever', it was a game ending call in game 5 of a playoff series.

But yes, of course it's stupid. Chanur was being a mega-cunt last night so I went there.

Dodgers had over a 92% chance to win at that point. If it was a check swing the count would have been 1-2 and Scherzer would have just blown him up on the next pitch.