MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Found this in the back of my collection, forgot I even had it. Paid $75 while he was down with TJ surgery.

1640579973979.png

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Nice list, but recency bias with Otani being at the top. He didnt win a championship, which should have excluded him from the top 5, but maybe stay in the top 15.
Of course a person who supports winning at any cost and cheating would put down ohtani's feat.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Of course a person who supports winning at any cost and cheating would put down ohtani's feat.
Dumbass.

Look at that list again and compare who is in the top 5. What do all of them have and what Otani doesn't have? Championships, and he hasn't come close to even making the playoffs.

Will he? I hope so, so he doesn't become the 2nd Angels ALL-TIME player in as many generations wasted.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Dumbass.

Look at that list again and compare who is in the top 5. What do all of them have and what Otani doesn't have? Championships, and he hasn't come close to even making the playoffs.

Will he? I hope so, so he doesn't become the 2nd Angels ALL-TIME player in as many generations wasted.
Thank you for clarifying your position on cheating.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Ohtani's season is obviously great, but I don't think it's as wild as say Josh Gibson's 281 OPS+ or Pedro's 217 ERA+ season.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Dumbass.

I am hoping to be right in feeling like the Angels head office does realize this, and may even be able to try and add that pinnacle achievement to Trout's career at the same time. Their draft picks support this theory, with their first 20 picks being pitchers. With the Syndergard pickup. Then with their house cleaning of a long list of scrubs they had pitching last year. It just seems obvious they are trying to prove to Ohtani he should stay with them before he goes into arbitration and then FA.

I am hoping for at least a playoff appearance next year, as long as they can keep players healthy. Their batting and fielding is strong, and should be able to at least accomplish that at least. Then the next couple of seasons sure up any loose ends and actually make a legit run to win.

Muurloen

I am hoping to be right in feeling like the Angels head office does realize this, and may even be able to try and add that pinnacle achievement to Trout's career at the same time. Their draft picks support this theory, with their first 20 picks being pitchers. With the Syndergard pickup. Then with their house cleaning of a long list of scrubs they had pitching last year. It just seems obvious they are trying to prove to Ohtani he should stay with them before he goes into arbitration and then FA.

I am hoping for at least a playoff appearance next year, as long as they can keep players healthy. Their batting and fielding is strong, and should be able to at least accomplish that at least. Then the next couple of seasons sure up any loose ends and actually make a legit run to win.
With adding Rendon and Syndergaard the last two offseasons, with the rest of this one to go, they are certainly closing the gap between them and the rest of the AL West.

I do watch them, from afar, with great interest.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The issue is the Angels have very few sustainable arms in their rotation, and a massive Ohtani contract upcoming. The reason for the one-year deals for SPs was to keep the "powder dry" to sign Ohtani. I don't know, baseball would be better if the Angels were more competitive, but I'm a bit skeptical they really have figured it out.

Muurloen

The issue is the Angels have very few sustainable arms in their rotation, and a massive Ohtani contract upcoming. The reason for the one-year deals for SPs was to keep the "powder dry" to sign Ohtani. I don't know, baseball would be better if the Angels were more competitive, but I'm a bit skeptical they really have figured it out.
They are so many gaps in their starting rotation, that they are 2 to 5 years away from being a WC contender.

THATS assuming Ohtani keeps pitching. My money is that he wont in that time frame as his pitching will have an adverse effect on his plate performance.