MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Phillies rip out my heart 2 years in a row. Bats go silent last 2 games, Thomson married to his lineup, embarrassing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_7916.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Phillies rip out my heart 2 years in a row. Bats go silent last 2 games, Thomson married to his lineup, embarrassing.
It was all but over when Marsh walked and loaded the bases with two outs, and Thomson let Rojas take the plate. That'll go down as one of the all-time dipshit post-season calls.

Wild how the Philly offense jumped on the plane out of Arizona with 18 innings at home in their pocket, and instead of grinding the Dbacks into the dirt, it just collapsed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
As a lifelong Phillies fan, the most disheartening thing to consider is that it is EXTREMELY unlikely they will beat the Braves for a third time in a row next year. This was their opportunity, and they absolutely blew it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My disdain for the Astros comes from:
A) the near-total apathy from the MLB towards the cheating scandal. Strip the '17 title and suspend players, and if they come back and still win in '22 so be it. But the league really fucked that up.
B) Houston fans are weird. Always some weird ass coping mechanism going on with Houston fans. Legitimately have talked to coworkers, over the playoffs, who just can't deal with the cheating scandal. They just cannot reconcile it. It's bizarre. And I'd consider most of these people extremely smart and productive people.

For instance DFW sports fans aren't as delusional, instead they get kinda doomer-ish and whine in gay ways (ex: people wanted Chris Young fired in the middleof the year). DFW fans also tend to be kinda weak, although the showing this postseason was much better. Usually get the "wine and cheese", PGA Tour crowd but my God it's not this complete and utter delusion.

I'll give Yordan his props. That guy is a fucking terrorist. Felt like Barry Bonds at times, which is unheard of.

Edit: Love Harper, and Turner, Schwarber and those guys. I hate Philadelphia, but I've really liked watching that Phils team the last few years. Very glad the Rangers aren't playing them - that being said the Rangers went 1-3 against the D-Backs this year, but they were playing their absolute worst baseball of the year.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Dude their are so many bandwagon dbacks fans out now. Fucking everyone with their dbacks jerseys on today. Just so you understand how no one was at the park before the playoffs. I paid 100 dollars for a pass that allowed me to go to all the games in June July August. No one was there.

• 1Double Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
As a lifelong Phillies fan, the most disheartening thing to consider is that it is EXTREMELY unlikely they will beat the Braves for a third time in a row next year. This was their opportunity, and they absolutely blew it.
This is just a general observation from a long distance away, but it amazes me how Philly fans and Eagles fans don't seem like the same universe of people. Philly fans are way more enjoyable, fun, and likeable than Eagles fans. It's as if the two fan bases don't even share the same city.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My disdain for the Astros comes from:
A) the near-total apathy from the MLB towards the cheating scandal. Strip the '17 title and suspend players, and if they come back and still win in '22 so be it. But the league really fucked that up.
B) Houston fans are weird. Always some weird ass coping mechanism going on with Houston fans. Legitimately have talked to coworkers, over the playoffs, who just can't deal with the cheating scandal. They just cannot reconcile it. It's bizarre. And I'd consider most of these people extremely smart and productive people.

For instance DFW sports fans aren't as delusional, instead they get kinda doomer-ish and whine in gay ways (ex: people wanted Chris Young fired in the middleof the year). DFW fans also tend to be kinda weak, although the showing this postseason was much better. Usually get the "wine and cheese", PGA Tour crowd but my God it's not this complete and utter delusion.

I'll give Yordan his props. That guy is a fucking terrorist. Felt like Barry Bonds at times, which is unheard of.

Edit: Love Harper, and Turner, Schwarber and those guys. I hate Philadelphia, but I've really liked watching that Phils team the last few years. Very glad the Rangers aren't playing them - that being said the Rangers went 1-3 against the D-Backs this year, but they were playing their absolute worst baseball of the year.
I hate the Astros solely from muurloens antics. Dudes a cunt

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is just a general observation from a long distance away, but it amazes me how Philly fans and Eagles fans don't seem like the same universe of people. Philly fans are way more enjoyable, fun, and likeable than Eagles fans. It's as if the two fan bases don't even share the same city.
The "terrible" eagles fans don't care about baseball unless it's the playoffs. I'm diehard eagles but I don't act like an idiot. To be fair, Philly gets a bad rap from shit that happened back in the 80s.

I watched most of the Phillies games this year, went to a few, and went to last year's WS game 3, which they blew open, then subsequently got shut out next game and scored a total of 3 runs in games 5 & 6.

Painful.
Onto the Eagles 🦅

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
What happened at the Vet should have been buried with the Vet. I'm definitely a 4-for-4 guy, but my Flyers fandom hasn't yet recovered from the Chuck Fletcher years.
We've had a 17 game plan at Citizens Bank Park since its opening season, which gets us one game in each playoff series. I was also at game 3 of the WS last year, and the Braves clincher this year. I'm thankful our NLCS tickets were for game one, because I'm happy to not have experienced game 6 or 7 this past week.

The ratings for this world series are going to be brutal.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Rangers about to bring the first legitimate World Series championship to Texas.
These delusions are why no one likes Dallas and the people that live there.

There are two World Series winning pennants sitting high and mighty at Minute Maid Park. Rangers will forever and always will be playing catch up to the one true baseball team of this state.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

There are two World Series banners sitting high and mighty at Minute Maid Park. Rangers will forever and always will be playing catch up to the one true baseball team of this state.
So much for your gracious loser larp

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The ratings for this world series are going to be brutal.
The Rangers' side will probably view pretty decently - I know it doesn't seem like it, but baseball viewing when the Rangers are good is really strong regionally. Overall, I think it will certainly be lower numbers, then again, World Series' and other sporting event numbers have absolutely cratered the last 6 years. Looking at some viewership numbers, the Rangers & Cardinals series in '11 almost brought the same exact numbers as the Red Sox and Cardinals in '13.

But yeah, I expect these will be 2020 kinda numbers.

Edit: Rangers-Astros had some of the best ALCS numbers since 2010.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Awww how cute. You are using my words posted just barely a day ago.

Imitation is the highest form a flattery. I love you too.

Canadian Jacob GIF
Are you really trying to claim ownership of the word cunt? Amazing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme

There are two World Series winning pennants sitting high and mighty at Minute Maid Park. Rangers will forever and always will be playing catch up to the one true baseball team of this state.
The butthurt over having to deal with still waiting to win your first legit world series will be even more epic after next week. When the Rangers will have 1 and the Asstericks will still be at 0.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The butthurt over having to deal with still waiting to win your first legit world series will be even more epic after next week. When the Rangers will have 1 and the Asstericks will still be at 0.
Wake up to reality, shipmate. These happened and they are not going anywhere.
1698267332121.png

Deal with it.