MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Blitz Blitz no idea how you are allowed to be a fan of the Rangers and auxiliary fan of the Yankees..... Somebody get a rope.

Not sure about Ohtani. While he is ridiculously talented, the cost seems overwhelming. Between Seagar, Semien, DeGromm, Scherzer, Montgomery, Gray..... I don't know if they are willing to commit another what? $600m over 10 years? Maybe more? I know his agent said he intends to pitch again, but who knows what that looks like or how long it takes. I dunno, consider me skeptical. Think I'd rather secure a top tier closer, middle relief, and another decent bat.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blitz Blitz
Not sure about Ohtani. While he is ridiculously talented, the cost seems overwhelming. Between Seagar, Semien, DeGromm, Scherzer, Montgomery, Gray..... I don't know if they are willing to commit another what? $600m over 10 years? Maybe more? I know his agent said he intends to pitch again, but who knows what that looks like or how long it takes. I dunno, consider me skeptical. Think I'd rather secure a top tier closer, middle relief, and another decent bat.
It's baseball. There is no Salary cap, just the owners wallet... and he is a multi billionaire. Spend to your heart's content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I realize there's no salary cap, but there is an end point where the owner doesn't feel comfortable spending any more. No idea what that is for Ray Davis, but he isn't Steve Ballmer. He will want a return on his investment, and personally I think that financial investment makes more sense in what I mentioned previously, more so than Ohtani.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Blitz no idea how you are allowed to be a fan of the Rangers and auxiliary fan of the Yankees..... Somebody get a rope.

It's a weird marriage, admittedly, but a late family member, of mine grew up near the Mantle's. So before the Rangers, there was the Yankees for the family, and being a Rangers fan, post late 90s teams was painful until John Daniels' teams. And thanks to some family friends I had the chance to be around the Rangers for awhile, and meet A-Rod multiple times: he becomes my favorite player, and when he leaves and when the demon Tom Hicks destroys the Rangers, it reinforces the Yanks tie.

As for Ohtani, it would require the Rangers to enter the $260+ mm range in salary. Some Rangers insiders are saying they anticipate the Rangers are willing to go $50mm AAV for him. If they do, they'll let Montgomery and Garver walk and then use their deep farm system to make a run at a Corbin Burnes type starter. Same with the bullpen, they'll use prospect depth to acquire bullpen pieces.

All this sounds very, unlikely? But this is Chris Young we're talking about.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_8129.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's 8:26AM and the Texas Rangers are still WORLD CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I won't say it's an act but it's definitely an exaggeration. He's a pretty chill guy in the Vermintide/Darktide threads.

• 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Man Roberts not even getting a nomination after somehow winning the division with all the injuries and penny pinching for talent, is just wrong

IMG_8180.jpeg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$240m is penny pinching for talent? lol, must be nice.

• 1Worf