MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Very odd couple of moves from the Mariners this off season.

Pretty shrewed move by the Braves to get Kelenic after declining Eddie Rosario's option.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Very odd couple of moves from the Mariners this off season.

Pretty shrewed move by the Braves to get Kelenic after declining Eddie Rosario's option.
This team just continues to be trash, mostly due to ownership and refusing to spend. Unless they have some big signings lined up, I have no idea what they are doing other than wasting the prime of Julio and some of their young pitchers.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This team just continues to be trash, mostly due to ownership and refusing to spend. Unless they have some big signings lined up, I have no idea what they are doing other than wasting the prime of Julio and some of their young pitchers.
Were the Mariners not happy about the reason why Kelenic broke his foot? Suarez is a known shit head, but I didnt get that vibe from Kelenic.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Were the Mariners not happy about the reason why Kelenic broke his foot? Suarez is a known shit head, but I didnt get that vibe from Kelenic.
I really have no idea. Maybe they werent happy with his progression. Last year was his "breakout" season and that was just middling. Geno was very popular amongst fans and in the locker room.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

We are the Cleveland Browns of baseball. Its really that simple. Management doesn't know how to field a winner, and at this point Im not sure they actually want to. However the idiots in the PacNW will continue to pay to see this team field team after team of 54% winning baseball and just listen to ownership tell us to "trust the process"

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
We are the Cleveland Browns of baseball. Its really that simple. Management doesn't know how to field a winner, and at this point Im not sure they actually want to. However the idiots in the PacNW will continue to pay to see this team field team after team of 54% winning baseball and just listen to ownership tell us to "trust the process"
It sure looks like it's not that they don't know how to, but they have zero desire to actually pay for it. I'll never understand sports ownership that works that way. If you aren't in it to win, GTFO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
It sure looks like it's not that they don't know how to, but they have zero desire to actually pay for it. I'll never understand sports ownership that works that way. If you aren't in it to win, GTFO.

You would think MLB would step in and be like "You are ruining the product" but shit the NFL hasn't done that with the Browns yet... so I doubt MLB ever would. I agree with you though, this management team bought them as an investment and want to squeeze as much money out of the team as possible... winning is a 2ndary objective at best.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You would think MLB would step in and be like "You are ruining the product" but shit the NFL hasn't done that with the Browns yet... so I doubt MLB ever would. I agree with you though, this management team bought them as an investment and want to squeeze as much money out of the team as possible... winning is a 2ndary objective at best.
A's ownership has been doing it for years.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Wut?
IMG_8785.jpeg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jomboy predicts he is going to the Dodgers. Let's hope he is right!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's being predicted that the White Sox will get no-one and will trade all their remaining talent for no-one.

USATSI_18942503_168398593_lowres-scaled-e1682860893885.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users