MLB 2024: Rangers Conquer Texas, Then America

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, the Mariners pitching is downright nasty so far this year.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fastest known throw - sure some outfielders have gotten close if not surpassed it. I'd like to see him throw one off a crowhop.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Fastest known throw - sure some outfielders have gotten close if not surpassed it. I'd like to see him throw one off a crowhop.
I'd like to see him throw one into the 1st baseman mit

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2150.jpeg

Wonder how much Padres have to borrow for this one

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
First real test for this Dodgers team and they sweep Atlanta 🧹🧹🧹

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dodgers get Walker Buehler back tomorrow. Real interested to see how he does after 21 months off, and his 2nd TJ surgery.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Totally has nothing to do with average fastball velocity increasing every year since 2008 or spin rate going up at the same time.

Edit: It's even more drastic if you go back to the early 2000s
View attachment 527854

The trend gets even worse when you go back to high school [obviously]. Guys are getting elbow surgery younger and younger. The powers that be need to bring an emphasis back to finesse and control pitching.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I feel like a lot of it has to do with how much more successful the surgeries are now. That and how much shorter the recovery time is now. At some point you'll start having people doing it electively to get that 2-3 MPH and 200 spin increase.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Steroids/HGH keep you healthy!
They certainly help the body recover from damage faster. Which would mean that any damage done by pitching 5 or 6 innings would have a better chance at healing before their next outting rather than continuing to compound to the point that the arm just blows up.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think we go over this a couple times a year. I read that the UCL isn't even fully matured until your early or mid 20s so these days kids have probably already fucked it up before they even make it to the majors. I'd love to see stats on how many tommy john surgeries have to be done in college/minors.

• 1Like