MLB Hot Stove 2019

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Are those two different proposals? The Coliseum one looks terrible. Definitely onboard with the plan by Alameda.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
cut.jpg

Damn. That looks really good.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Love that you can see the AT-AT shipping cranes from inside the stadium. Hella Oakland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Are those two different proposals? The Coliseum one looks terrible. Definitely onboard with the plan by Alameda.

I believe the Coliseum proposal is for a "re-purposing" of it for community use.

edit: They want to combine the Coliseum and Oracle Arena as a sort of mixed-use entertainment district it seems.

Last edited:

Muurloen

How many days before it becomes decorated in graffiti ?

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
2018-2019 MLB Free Agents and Trade Rumors

MLB.com has been killing it this year with how quickly they keep up with the Twitter rumors etc.

Apparently the Dodgers are going after Kluber. The Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees are all going after Realmuto, and the Mets-Mariners are close to lining up something for a Cano & Diaz move to the Mets. The Yankees "pursuit" and apparent willingness to swap Sanchez for Realmuto is somewhat baffling. Gary sucked a huge donkey dick last year, but he's young and has a crazy ceiling, offensively. His "passed ball" thing is annoying but other defensive metrics paint him in a better light (framing, throwing etc). Apparently the Stros are offering Kyle Tucker for Realmuto, which I think the Marlins should really consider. But it sounds like they are going for a homerun package because they got such little value for Yelich, Ozuna, and Stanton.

Corbin might sign soon. Honestly sorta hope the Phillies just go full retard and offer the guy 7 years, $170 million.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can't believe how much the Mets are about to give up for an aging Cano, and Diaz. A Kelenic & Dunn package by itself is a lot. Swap Cano with Bruce & Swarzak's salaries,and you're still on the hook for $83.5 million for Cano's age 36-40 seasons. If I'm a Mets fan, I'm turning in my gear If there isn't an additional $20 million coming back.

Fantastic trade by Dipoto it seems.

Muurloen

They are both retarded with the Mariners being less retarded as the deal stands in a vacuum

Now the meta in this for the mets is that the NL East is about as open of a division as it gets with Harper soon to be exiting thus making the Natinals weaker, phillies and braves are ahead of schedule and overachieving and the marlins lol the marlins.

If the mets fail, they can flip diaz and restock some assets they are about to send away.

If they win they have a veteran presence to carry the way.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^ spot on.

Still don't love the lack of money that's apparently going to the Mets: But the reality is, if their new GM doesn't win now, he won't be around for long.

Apparently they still want to move Syndergaard and then sign a "cheaper" free agent SP. The Padres haven't offered any of their top 3 prospects. Wonder if a team like Houston might move in and try to steal him away if an Indians deal doesn't manifest.

Muurloen

^ spot on.

Still don't love the lack of money that's apparently going to the Mets: But the reality is, if their new GM doesn't win now, he won't be around for long.

Apparently they still want to move Syndergaard and then sign a "cheaper" free agent SP. The Padres haven't offered any of their top 3 prospects. Wonder if a team like Houston might move in and try to steal him away if an Indians deal doesn't manifest.
I'd be 100% ok if the Astros moved Tucker and Whitley for Syndergaard.

Muurloen

As an Astros fan, I hope for a 1000 years of darkness for the Mariners. ;)

Honestly, this is how you rebuild your clubs for long term success. It is going to suck for Mariners fan for a few years, but IF a majority of these prospects that they are getting in return pan out to be solid players, and hit on your 1st round draft picks for the next few years while you are wallowing at the bottom of the standings, then the fruits of those deals will be mighty sweet.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Welp looks like im gonna be hunting for a new 1b sooner than i wanted to.