MLB Hot Stove 2019

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The only way Trout is worth that kind of money is if they win multiple championships. They don't seem that close to me.

Sterling

El Presidente
The only way Trout is worth that kind of money is if they win multiple championships. They don't seem that close to me.
I think if he increases the value of the franchise by hundreds of millions of dollars and increases their income by more than his per year salary they'd disagree.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think if he increases the value of the franchise by hundreds of millions of dollars and increases their income by more than his per year salary they'd disagree.
I would agree with that too. How ever I don't think Trout fits that mold. Outside of baseball fans no one knows who the fuck he is. He's not Arod or a player thats bigger than baseball such as you get with the NFL or NBA.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Trout could be that guy if he wanted to be. But I don't think that's his personality. He genuinely seems like a dude that only cares about baseball.

Sterling

El Presidente
I would agree with that too. How ever I don't think Trout fits that mold. Outside of baseball fans no one knows who the fuck he is. He's not Arod or a player thats bigger than baseball such as you get with the NFL or NBA.
I think you'd be right a few years ago, but I think Trout is a lot more publicly known now than he was then.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think you'd be right a few years ago, but I think Trout is a lot more publicly known now than he was then.
It was just a months ago they just did an article about how baseball has no face. It explicitly stated Trout is not known enough to fill this role and called him out for having no personality to fill that role.

I think you are aware of him because you are a bit more than a casual baseball fan.

Sterling

El Presidente
It was just a months ago they just did an article about how baseball has no face. It explicitly stated Trout is not known enough to fill this role and called him out for having no personality to fill that role.

I think you are aware of him because you are a bit more than a casual baseball fan.
Entirely possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Manfred coming out last year to diss Trout, that and others is a pretty good indicator that apparently Trout just isn't interested in tons of marketing and endorsement pushes. I mean good for him, but I imagine that MLB probably wishes Harper was their true "best player" from a marketing standpoint. I do respect that about Trout... and the fact the he is Mantle reborn, that helps.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also it can be both, that he's better known by the general public than he was a few years ago and still not be nearly as visible as MLB would prefer.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It's Manfred's job to promote the sport. He has failed miserably at doing it with the stars (trout, harper, judge, stanton, bregman, etc. etc.) that he has available to him.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sox locking up Sale. Rumor is 30 million per. Now if he can just stay healthy.

Edit:

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
For many years now Jose Canseco has been the focal point of the Texas Rangers most embarrassing moment by heading a fly ball over the wall for a home run.

Elvis Andrus: Hold my beer.

I hate this fucking franchise.

• 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
“Oh, Mr. Game Warden. I hope you can help me. I've been told I could shoot wabbits and goats and pigeons and mongooses and dirty skunks and ducks. Could you tell me what season it weawwy is?”

“Why, coitenly, me boy. It’s baseball season!”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users