MLB Hot Stove 2019

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man, "Trout-to-Your Favorite Team" dream already dead.

Well deserved to the best athlete (per his sport) going today. Really hope the Angels actually turn out to be competitive, it's a damn shame this guy doesn't play in big games... Their farm system is looking quite a bit better.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
They better front load the shit out of that contract. When he gets age 36+ Angels fan is gonna be hating it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Can anyone recomend a good place to get started in fantasy baseball? I have not done it in 20 years and would like to get back into it.
Espn and yahoo the best places to join a league?

PS so happy Trout signed so we dont have to deal with the harper/manny drama from this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

ESPN did a complete overhaul of their fantasy website.

It is a bit cumbersome compared to the old one. However, there are some improvements that I do like.

The app on your phone is very easy to use as well.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping Trout would cross the freeway to the Dodgers in free agency. But for that length and money fuck that noise.

Muurloen

Muur goes wild.
One hand I am happy that he is locked up, on the other hand I feel like there is gonna be an avalanche of "fuck you pay me" demands coming from Springer (FA 2021), Correa (FA 2022), Cole (FA 2020), and McCullers (FA 2022).

The Astros can't pay all of them, but they can probably pay two of that four. Verlander, Reddick, Brantley, and Gurriel are all roughly coming off the payroll the same time to around the tune of $56+m per year. Maybe they can keep three of that four... but I doubt it.

source 1 & source 2

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Mariners with the best record in MLB right now. 162 - 0 confirmed.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe. People thought the same for Joey Votto years ago and he's still absolutely worth every penny. And he's 35 now.

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe. People thought the same for Joey Votto years ago and he's still absolutely worth every penny. And he's 35 now.
I mean they'll get that 430 million worth in like 5 seasons, plus what's having him do for the value of the team if they wanted to sell it?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I meant maybe it will be an albatross. I'm in agreement with you. Entirely possible Trout goes down as the greatest baseball player ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Trout is going to be worth that money after 6 seasons. Sounds crazy to say, but he left money on the table.