MLB Hot Stove 2019

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
It's good for both sides. Yankees get a good pitcher for their rotation without giving up any of their current MLB roster and Mariners get some legit prospects to build up with. Paxton should enjoy the run support he gets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was hoping this trade could be made without having to include Sheffield... I was hoping Losiaga & Frazier could get it done.

Sheffield might turn out to be a really good pitcher, and that could hurt. Then again you don't win titles by standing in place, and I think it was a necessary trade for both teams. I do think the Mariners were smart moving Paxton, while getting a young, very talented, near MLB-ready starter.

I'm really curious as to what Sonny Gray is going to bring back for the Yankees. Apparently upwards of 11 teams strongly interested (as they should be, his home vs. road splits were telling). Really wonder if they could swing a Gray + prospect for: Profar (Rangers), or Gennett (Reds). I'm very curious to see what the Gray return brings, as it could be telling whether they pursue Machado or pivot to Harper.

I think I still prefer them to re-sign Happ at something like 2 yrs, $30 million, and bring Andrew Miller back in the fold instead of the potential 5 years, $115-120 million it's gonna take to get Corbin. Severino, Corbin, Paxton, Tanaka, Sabathia/Montgomery/farm talent gives you an incredible rotation... But at some point your front 3 starters just have to put it together in the postseason. You can only start so many guys.

Still prefer Harper to Machado. Really hope they do also, even if media consensus says otherwise. Fuck it, stop being pussies and sign them both.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Following up on the Paxton for Sheffield deal: Apparently a lot of the industry had cooled on Sheffield because of his high walk rate. Either way, it sounds as if the trade was a necessary win-win for both.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yankee fan pipe dreams are the best pipe dreams... because they are all full of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Think the Losiaga/Frazier thing is a bit of a stretch, but yeah that would probably have been better.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
An organization that has pretty consistently delivered "pipe-dreams"!

Muurloen

Keep believing something like that will happen again.

If you believe that, I got some ocean front property in Arizona that I am willing to sell to you as well.

Muurloen

An organization that has pretty consistently delivered "pipe-dreams"!
Yankees traded some key prospects for Paxton. Are you willing do sell the farm even futher to try and buy Gennett or Profar?

If not then you are wanting to sign top flight free agents and give up compensatory picks to your competitors, thus salting your farm lands even futher.

Keep dreaming and keep coming up short Yanks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The other two guys were not even Top 20 in the organization.

Comp picks for potentially Arizona, Washington, Dodgers etc have probably zero effect on the front office plans. Not to mention, they hardly ever pan out. Not to mention free agent signings no longer cost 1st rounders unless you have multiple under the new CBA.

Yanks farm system is still pretty "middle of the pack" which is incredible considering it's recent call-ups.. The whole point of a farm system is to field a young controllable core. This team certainly has that.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yankees were a 100 win team with 2 glaring issues. They really need 2 quality starters and a left handed bat. They stockpiled a ton of prospects in recent years, a bunch of them are now on the MLB team. Some of the other prospects can be used to trade for MLB players that fill needs. Not suggesting trade everything for 1 guy, but if you don't think getting a pitcher of Paxton's quality improves their team this season I don't know what to tell you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanksgiving conversation with my dad:

Me: Here I am working as a garbage man, and Jim Abbott was a major league pitcher with just one freakin hand. Can you imagine what he would have been with two hands?

Dad: Well, he definitely would have been a better batter.....

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Weak. You need to be more thankful for your one hit wonder that was 2017.

The historically, highest payroll team in baseball raising their payroll from $170 million to $225 million to acquire a SP and Machado or Harper? Righhhhhhht. Super illogical, huh.

Last edited: