MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not going to lie....

Being the 5th best US sport behind competitive eating and Hockey I never was going to watch.

Now that it’s about to be a contact sport I can’t wait.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
6CE34CEF-6E99-49E0-A4BE-63966E6CC233.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Manfred is a clown.

So that was an insane interview Manfred gave. He basically admits what I always thought as to why the players never got punished. Mainly because they would of had a war with the players association based on the players technically not being advised of a letter that was sent to the teams in September of 2017 (I think I got the date right) about sign stealing and they would of lost any case based off of that. Never entertained the idea of stripping the WS title or anything like that because it would set precedent (never thought this was a reality anyway). Says the players punishment is what they are going to have to deal with this season but in the same breath says there will be penalties for retaliation.

So at the end of the day MLB was stuck with a situation where there really didn't have a ton of options (according to them). The only real penalty of consequence is the draft picks which Crane probably doesn't even realize the full scope of. With the way some of these other players now are sounding off you just know it's going to be open season on the Astros this year. Some of that is due to the way MLB has handled this plus the reaction that's coming out of Astros camp.

For as long as the current group of players are there, everyone is always going to suspect them of cheating. There are players that STILL think they used buzzers no matter what the report said. Correa can say all he wants on how Altuve didn't take part in anything but like Phillips on MLBNetwork said, he still benefits from everyone else on the team cheating around him.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So that was an insane interview Manfred gave. He basically admits what I always thought as to why the players never got punished. Mainly because they would of had a war with the players association based on the players technically not being advised of a letter that was sent to the teams in September of 2017 (I think I got the date right) about sign stealing and they would of lost any case based off of that. Never entertained the idea of stripping the WS title or anything like that because it would set precedent (never thought this was a reality anyway). Says the players punishment is what they are going to have to deal with this season but in the same breath says there will be penalties for retaliation.

So at the end of the day MLB was stuck with a situation where there really didn't have a ton of options (according to them). The only real penalty of consequence is the draft picks which Crane probably doesn't even realize the full scope of. With the way some of these other players now are sounding off you just know it's going to be open season on the Astros this year. Some of that is due to the way MLB has handled this plus the reaction that's coming out of Astros camp.

For as long as the current group of players are there, everyone is always going to suspect them of cheating. There are players that STILL think they used buzzers no matter what the report said. Correa can say all he wants on how Altuve didn't take part in anything but like Phillips on MLBNetwork said, he still benefits from everyone else on the team cheating around him.

Correa's Altuve apologetics, to me, are bullshit. That whole jersey defense is massive bullshit as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
'Pete Rose' this midget and ban his ass from baseball.

• 1Like
  • 1Committed
  • 1Mic Drop

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These despicable humans were given complete immunity and all that was asked was admission, full-disclosure, and contrition. They continued the lies and deceit.

Immunity should be off the table now and Manfred should being going after their jobs and membership in MLB. Throwing baseballs at their heads should be the least of their worries.

Put that disgrace of an owner in the cross-hairs also. It is clear the lies go all the way to the top.

960x0.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Committed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Mike Trout best player in baseball and has probably never said anything bad about anyone traahing the Asterisks.

"They cheated ... I don't agree with the punishment ... I lost respect for some of those guys."

"Going up to the plate knowing what's coming ... that would be a lot of fun."

"You can take my shirt off," Trout told Ardaya about the Altuve video. "If you hit a homer to send your team to the World Series at home, you can do whatever you want to me."

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty interesting seeing some of these comments now that position players are showing up at camps. Trout is a boy scout and never says anything negative so it's surprising he said what he said. It's bad enough the Astros cheated to begin with, but the aftermath/reaction/fallout especially from the Astros themselves and Manfred has made it 100 times worse. Manfred calling it a 'piece of metal' is salt on the wound. I get that the WS trophy isn't all that compared to other sports but imagine Goodell saying the Lombardi trophy is just a 'piece of metal'. It's still a championship trophy.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty interesting seeing some of these comments now that position players are showing up at camps. Trout is a boy scout and never says anything negative so it's surprising he said what he said. It's bad enough the Astros cheated to begin with, but the aftermath/reaction/fallout especially from the Astros themselves and Manfred has made it 100 times worse. Manfred calling it a 'piece of metal' is salt on the wound. I get that the WS trophy isn't all that compared to other sports but imagine Goodell saying the Lombardi trophy is just a 'piece of metal'. It's still a championship trophy.
Turner response to that was perfect. Manfred is a joke.

“I don’t know if the commissioner has ever won anything in his life,” Turner said in front of his locker Monday. “Maybe he hasn’t. But the reason every guy’s in this room, the reason every guy is working out all offseason, and showing up to camp early and putting in all the time and effort is specifically for that trophy, which, by the way, is called the Commissioner’s Trophy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think had the Astros players immediately come out and shown remorse and gave genuine apologies this would be going much differently. Instead, they doubled down and showed how smug and douchy they are.

• 7Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 7 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The cheating is bad enough, but Manfred’s pathetic non-punishment and the Astros’ pathetic non-apology is what’s really pissing people off.

• 3Like
  • 1Beagling
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lol, what the fuck is Reynolds saying? That aside from stealing signs the Astros also employ a soothsayer who knew Chapman was gonna be wild and struggling when Altuve stepped to the plate so he wouldn't need a buzzer?

Get the fuck out of here.

• 1Potato
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Lol, what the fuck is Reynolds saying? That aside from stealing signs the Astros also employ a soothsayer who knew Chapman was gonna be wild and struggling when Altuve stepped to the plate so he wouldn't need a buzzer?

Get the fuck out of here.
The logic is clear dude. Chapman threw a bad pitch, so Houston was clearly not cheating.

• 1Worf