MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Screw the baseball olds. Did they watch the Giants this past weekend? What about the infamous Falcons Super Bowl collapse? Epic comebacks can happen at any point in a game. You play to win and a grand slam goes a long way in accomplishing that. I'm tired of the unwritten rule "back in my day" baseball frauds. When COVID hit Jomboy was watching/reviewing a World Series everyday and those dudes are such hypocrites. Those dudes in the 70s and 80s bat flipped, talked trash, and stared down homers constantly. There was no "back in the day". It's a made up narrative.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Expecting a player to lay down and take an at bat off in a game where everything you do in the game is monitored with statistics, and thus how much you are paid and even more so remembered for HoF purposes, all because you didn't want a mud hole stomped into you any further is ludicrous.

How about be good enough to be competitive in the game and not be in this situation to begin with?

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
BA6D86BB-9A01-4AEB-9A45-32E4C6B48232.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
So is it okay to swing at the 3-1 pitch? Should the 3-1 swing be like 50% strength or is it okay to try and hit that pitch hard? Anyone crying about this is a total clown.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just got done watching that video, and was going to come post it. Jomboy is awesome.

And fuck these crybaby faggots whining about him swinging at that. Such BS

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I love baseball, but some of the unwritten rule shit is absurd. What happens if the other team scores 6 runs the next inning? fucking retarded.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
This is the dumbest of the unwritten rules that I’ve heard of at least, which is saying something since most of them are very dumb.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The radio shows here in DFW seemed pretty unsympathetic to the Rangers whining.

I do give Woodward a little credit today for coming out and saying essentially, "Hey maybe I'm wrong and that perception needs to change in our game". Very obviously it is a known unwritten rule to some degree. Both managers didn't like it, Hosmer was apologizing for it etc. Still so fucking stupid though.

I even remember way back in HS having specific things we'd abide by in terms of unwritten rules. It's lame.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He apologized during the fifth inning of the second game of the double header and it was really weird. He was still calling the game mid-apology. Dude's already assuming he's done-for. Said it might be the last time he ever puts on a headset.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bauer is earning himself a nice contract next year with the way he's been playing.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bauer is earning himself a nice contract next year with the way he's been playing.
Yeah, he's gotta be the top free agent now. Two "ace" seasons in 3 years is gonna get him a nice payday.

• 1Cutler

Muurloen

Phillies' Alvarez sidelined with testicle bruise after comebacker

• 1Cringe
  • 1Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

• 2Worf