MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuck Jon Jones and his thoughts on #1. His last three fights have been hot garbage and any damage to his career was self inflicted.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jones was an animal though. At his peak he was the most dangerous striker in the entire history of combat sport.

The Jones that defeated Shogun and Machida era was just a fucking steam roller. He literally just vanquished both of those guys with such stunning ease. Was unreal. His elbow attacks, kicks and different angles were brutal, never mind his GnP or wrestling/grappling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Now Silva is waffling about whether he'll really retire after his fight with Uriah Hall.

He's only won 1 out of his last 8. He needs an intervention.

• 1Like

Goatface

1603945831357.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would imagine they consider 675,000 buys for a 2pm EST ppv to be a big success. That said, if it were normal 10pm EST ppv, the same card would likely have done +850,000 buys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

I would imagine they consider 675,000 buys for a 2pm EST ppv to be a big success. That said, if it were normal 10pm EST ppv, the same card would likely have done +850,000 buys.
Agreed. I thought it was at 10pm EST like they usually. Glad my buddy told me it was an early day fight. Everyone else I know just about missed it for the same reasoning.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You're probably right, but I'd still think they'd pick up a lot of buys in the Middle East, given it's Khabib.

But I also know next to nothing about the systems in place in that region, other than I remember seeing buildings just festooned with satellite dishes/antennas and being told that it was night and day compared to what we'd consider normal.

Does the UFC have any kind of online event market in the Middle East or Russia to speak of? I know they were wanting to hold in-person events there, I'm just not sure if they sell any PPVs to speak of.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Most people outside north america get ufc for free. ppv buy numbers are just for us not sure though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If i hadn't clicked this thread I wouldn't have seen the fight, maybe catch Khabib's fight going to tune into the prelims thinking it would be a normal time

Goatface

Does the UFC have any kind of online event market in the Middle East or Russia to speak of? I know they were wanting to hold in-person events there, I'm just not sure if they sell any PPVs to speak of.

back when khabib was talking about fighting in Russia, remember reading UFC was shown on state tv and only paid UFC like $500k yearly. something like 5million people watched the big cards there.

=

1604019433427.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Most people outside north america get ufc for free. ppv buy numbers are just for us not sure though.

Don't most people IN north america get them for free too? I don't think I've directly paid for a UFC fight since UFC2 when it cost $5 to watch the fight and get all the beer you could drink for free.

There was one fight a couple years back that I paid for, but a storm knocked out the cable and I got a refund. Since then I just stream them.

Animosity

Don't most people IN north america get them for free too? I don't think I've directly paid for a UFC fight since UFC2 when it cost $5 to watch the fight and get all the beer you could drink for free.

There was one fight a couple years back that I paid for, but a storm knocked out the cable and I got a refund. Since then I just stream them.
You may pay $5 at a bar but the bar pays a shit ton for it. And you would be shocked at how many people do not know you can stream/pirate PPVs. Ive showed so many people since quarintine and they are blown away lol.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You may pay $5 at a bar but the bar pays a shit ton for it. And you would be shocked at how many people do not know you can stream/pirate PPVs. Ive showed so many people since quarintine and they are blown away lol.

UFC bar licenses are notoriously insanely priced. It changed a lot around the time the Fertitia's passed the torch to the new Jew owners.

Many bars stopped carrying UFC PPV for that reason. It's actually difficult to find a fight showing now.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When I was younger we would have keggers with a boxing setup and all pitch in for it but as we got older that shit just wasn't possible anymore. I end up watching them from home now and fuck the price they want for it.

• 1Like

Goatface

UFC bar licenses are notoriously insanely priced. It changed a lot around the time the Fertitia's passed the torch to the new Jew owners.

Many bars stopped carrying UFC PPV for that reason. It's actually difficult to find a fight showing now.

locally only BWW showed them pre-covid.

there are a couple lawsuits from ufc there
50 max capacity = $800 fee
100 max capacity = $1000 fee
200 max capacity = $2,250 fee

Mayweather v. McGregor 100 max capacity = $3,700 fee

dude in the lawsuit, place only held 60 people, they charged $20 a person and only got 39 people. ended up costing $9500.

=
the company that handles the sub licensing does say can get discounts if ordering a package or a subscription

Goatface

UFC Fight Night 181 Weigh-in Results:​

Uriah Hall (186) vs. Anderson Silva (184)
Bryce Mitchell (146) vs. Andre Fili (146)
Kevin Holland (185.5) vs. Charlie Ontiveros (182.5)
Greg Hardy (264.5)* vs. Maurice Greene (250)
Bobby Green (155) vs. Thiago Moises (156)
Alexander Hernandez (155.5) vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (155.5)
Sean Strickland (185.5) vs. Jack Marshman (187.5)**
Jason Witt (170.5) vs. Cole Williams (175.5)***
Dustin Jacoby (204) vs. Justin Ledet (205.5)
Miles Johns (135) vs. Kevin Natividad (134.5)
Adrian Yanez (135.5) vs. Victor Rodriguez (133)

* Hardy initially missed weight by .5 pounds, but came back to hit his proper marks.
** Marshman missed weight by 1.5 pounds and has been fined 20 percent of his purse.
*** Williams missed weight by 4.5 pounds and has been fined 40 percent of his purse.

The fight between Cortney Casey and Priscila Cachoeira is off due to Cachoeira’s inability to make weight. Cachoeira’s request to have the flyweight bout moved to bantamweight granted by the UFC, the Brazilian subsequently slipped in a bathtub and hit her head to knock her out of the fight like Renan Barao and Zak Cummings in the past.

Finally, Greg Hardy (264.5)* was very nearly the first UFC heavyweight to miss weight, hitting 266.5 pounds on his first go-round, only to come back and weigh in under the 266-pound cap.