MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The long rumored rematch between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier is a done deal.
According to multiple sources speaking to MMA Fighting, both McGregor and Poirier have come to terms on a deal to book the lightweight fight for the upcoming UFC 257 card on Jan. 23 with the card expected to take place in Las Vegas.

=
Dana said Conor wouldn't fight without a crowd.

I hope Poirier starches him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For a minute there I was wondering what Deontay Wilder was doing in K-1, and why he was threatening ring girls with a sword

Haven't seen K1 in a while, mostly followed Glory after K1 went defunct.

I don't know if it was Glory trying to kill them off via rumor-milling or what, but I took news that K1 was bankrupt at face value and I never checked for another K1 card ever again.

What's the ownership structure like? K1 in full operation again? Or is all the talent still with the Holland promotion.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Khabib's manager and Khabib are happy to play games to spite Conor.

Dana has gone on about no interim belt, etc.

Feels like something has to give here.

Maybe Conor wants back in so bad he doesn't want any extra negotiations holding back getting him back into the fight game. Happy to see this fight happen and see movement at the top of the division. Suppose a win for McGregor leaves no excuses for Khabib or anyone else about him fighting at 155. This is the #1 contender fight, interim belt or no, and Tony is the odd man out.

I'd agree with that. If he smokes Poirier then he's earned top contention with Khabib.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen K1 in a while, mostly followed Glory after K1 went defunct.

I don't know if it was Glory trying to kill them off via rumor-milling or what, but I took news that K1 was bankrupt at face value and I never checked for another K1 card ever again.

What's the ownership structure like? K1 in full operation again? Or is all the talent still with the Holland promotion.
I don't even know, I don't even really follow them unless I stumble across something.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did some read, from what I gathered I wasn't wrong to stop checking for K1.

The bankruptcy and financial problems have had them on the ropes for about 10 years now.

Goatface

Alistair Overeem vs. Alexander Volkov headlines Super Bowl weekend UFC Fight Night

Reem announced "one last run". at the speed of HW, even with wins, would take him about 2 years to get a shot

Goatface

UFC Vegas 14: Felder vs. dos Anjos weigh-in results​

Main Card (7 p.m. ET on ESPN+)​

• Main Event: Paul Felder (155.75) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (156)
  • Co-Main Event: Abdul Razak Alhassan (172.5)** vs. Khaos Williams (170)
  • Julian Marquez vs. Saparbek SafarovCANCELED
  • Kay Hansen (115.5) vs. Cory McKenna (116)
  • Eryk Anders (187.5)** vs. Antonio Arroyo (185.5)
  • Brendan Allen (193.5) vs. Sean Strickland (194.5)*

Preliminary Card (4 p.m. ET on ESPN+)​

• Ashley Yoder (115.5) vs. Miranda Granger (115.5)
  • Alex Morono (170.5) vs. Rhys McKee (170.5)
  • Jose Quinonez (135) vs. Louis Smolka (139)**
  • Randa Markos (116) vs. Kanako Murata (115)
  • Geraldo de Freitas (136) vs. Tony Gravely (135.5)
  • Don’Tale Mayes (262) vs. Roque Martinez (244)

*195-pound catchweight bout
**Alhassan, Anders, and Smolka all missed weight

Saparbek Safarov experienced weight cutting issues ahead of the fight, and could not weigh in.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

UFC Vegas 14: Felder vs. dos Anjos weigh-in results​

Main Card (7 p.m. ET on ESPN+)​

• Main Event: Paul Felder (155.75) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (156)
  • Co-Main Event: Abdul Razak Alhassan (172.5)** vs. Khaos Williams (170)
  • Julian Marquez vs. Saparbek SafarovCANCELED
  • Kay Hansen (115.5) vs. Cory McKenna (116)
  • Eryk Anders (187.5)** vs. Antonio Arroyo (185.5)
  • Brendan Allen (193.5) vs. Sean Strickland (194.5)*

Preliminary Card (4 p.m. ET on ESPN+)​

• Ashley Yoder (115.5) vs. Miranda Granger (115.5)
  • Alex Morono (170.5) vs. Rhys McKee (170.5)
  • Jose Quinonez (135) vs. Louis Smolka (139)**
  • Randa Markos (116) vs. Kanako Murata (115)
  • Geraldo de Freitas (136) vs. Tony Gravely (135.5)
  • Don’Tale Mayes (262) vs. Roque Martinez (244)

*195-pound catchweight bout
**Alhassan, Anders, and Smolka all missed weight

Saparbek Safarov experienced weight cutting issues ahead of the fight, and could not weigh in.
wtf, did vegas open up the buffets?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope Felder crushes RDA. He is an awesome person and a great fighter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Antonio Arroyo: Eryk Anders fight is off at UFC Vegas 14​

A middleweight showdown between Eryk Anders and Antonio Arroyo has been pulled from Saturday night’s UFC Vegas 14 at the UFC APEX, the Brazilian fighter announced on his social media in the early hours. Arroyo were scheduled to meet in a three-round bout on Saturday night.
Anders missed weight by 1.5 pounds on Friday morning, and Arroyo’s cornerman Marcelo Alfaya wrote on his social media that his “opponent was sick and went to hospital.”

=
nothing official that i see yet

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reem announced "one last run". at the speed of HW, even with wins, would take him about 2 years to get a shot

Extension of current contract, or new deal signed?

he had a contract similar to Anderson silva, just less money. Paying him 1 million in guaranteed cash to come fall down from 2010 to 2020.

If they resigned him for same money, then the UFC is unethical since its obvious Reem only continued fighting for the paychecks.

The ethical thing to do was 5 years ago cut his pay by 50% to give him less incentive to fight and hope he walks away.

His original contract being extended so long, for big money, never made sense when he had lost 3-4 of his last fights. Ridiculous.

Now it sounds like they are giving him another one.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I could see him do another run, though. Maybe not win, but another 2 years, sure.

He's won four of his last five, and he was a hair away from winning 5 of 5 against jairzinho.

Do I think he's worth the 800k guaranteed I think he was getting? Maybe not now, but he was ranked higher at one time, and he's still probably a decent draw on name alone.

His original contract being extended so long, for big money, never made sense when he had lost 3-4 of his last fights. Ridiculous.

Are you sure that's right? Didn't he sign after he beat JDS and had won three of his last 4 at the time?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you sure that's right? Didn't he sign after he beat JDS and had won three of his last 4 at the time?

Things "turned up" for him, yeah.

But nobody was ever all that sold on it. Cain had already soul-snatched JDS and JDS is about on the same level of head-trauma as Reem, after just those pair of Cain fights.

Goatface

guess he signed a new deal for 2020
415,000 Vs Sakai
400,000 Vs Harris
865,000 Vs Rozenstruik
865,000 Vs Oleynik

i took the "one last run" as he is done with a loss regardless of contract.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Felder looked good on the feet tonight. RDA was just too tough and persistent with those takedowns. I think Felder hesitated throwing an uppercut around the middle of round 3 and just couldn't capitalize on anything after that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I about choked when they read the judges cards out, had to be a mistake but if not, fire that guy

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1605456099995.png