MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I read he was supposed to face Reug Reug, who just destroyed Ngalani.

Goatface

UFC Fight Night 186 Weigh-in Results:
Jairzinho Rozenstruik (254.5) vs. Ciryl Gane (247)
Nikita Krylov (205.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205.5)
Montana De La Rosa (126) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (125.5)
Pedro Munhoz (135.5) vs. Jimmie Rivera (135.5)
Angela Hill (116) vs. Ashley Yoder (116)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Kevin Croom (145.5)
Alexander Hernandez (156) vs. Thiago Moises (155.5)
Alexis Davis (135) vs. Sabina Mazo (135.5)
Vince Cachero (135.5) vs. Ronnie Lawrence (135.5)
Dustin Jacoby (204.5) vs. Maxim Grishin (210.5)*

* Grishin missed weight by 4.5 pounds and has been fined 30 percent of his purse.

=

gane is a good up and comer. a heavy kickboxer is good to watch. and cowboy oliviera is a wild man, he puts on fun fights.

Alex Oliveira vs. Ramazan Kuramagomedov scratched from UFC Vegas 20. Kuramagomedov suffered a non-COVID illness.

=
Valentina Shevchenko to Defend Flyweight Crown vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 261
Weili Zhang Expected to Defend Title Against Rose Namajunas at UFC 261

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC Fight Night 186 Weigh-in Results:
Jairzinho Rozenstruik (254.5) vs. Ciryl Gane (247)
Nikita Krylov (205.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205.5)
Montana De La Rosa (126) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (125.5)
Pedro Munhoz (135.5) vs. Jimmie Rivera (135.5)
Angela Hill (116) vs. Ashley Yoder (116)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Kevin Croom (145.5)
Alexander Hernandez (156) vs. Thiago Moises (155.5)
Alexis Davis (135) vs. Sabina Mazo (135.5)
Vince Cachero (135.5) vs. Ronnie Lawrence (135.5)
Dustin Jacoby (204.5) vs. Maxim Grishin (210.5)*

* Grishin missed weight by 4.5 pounds and has been fined 30 percent of his purse.

=

Alex Oliveira vs. Ramazan Kuramagomedov scratched from UFC Vegas 20. Kuramagomedov suffered a non-COVID illness.

=
Valentina Shevchenko to Defend Flyweight Crown vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 261
Weili Zhang Expected to Defend Title Against Rose Namajunas at UFC 261
weili v rose is legit,

valentina... they're just keeping her active lulz

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

I dig watching Angie Hill fight, but I'm not that excited about the rest. Might get a cool KO out of Rozenstruik, I guess.

Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder is off the #UFCVegas20 card tonight due to COVID-19 protocols, per the UFC. The bout will be rescheduled for March 13.

rumor someone in Yoder's camp tested positive

updated card
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
  • Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
  • Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
  • Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
  • Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
  • Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
  • Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
  • Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
  • Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby
1614450275704.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder is off the #UFCVegas20 card tonight due to COVID-19 protocols, per the UFC. The bout will be rescheduled for March 13.

rumor someone in Yoder's camp tested positive

updated card
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
  • Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
  • Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
  • Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
  • Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
  • Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
  • Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
  • Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
  • Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby
View attachment 338142
this happened just now? some ringman decided to lick the buffett tray or something? jeez

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Only one I was even looking forward to was Angela Hill and hers got cancelled.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
rivera vs munhoz was a banging fight. riveras calf is fucked, bisping and felder were both saying you can't really counter it except by avoidance, even if you check it some meat still gets crushed. maybe it will involve into more clinch work. i love watching the evolution of the fighting styles and how something rises, becomes dominant, then gets countered. remember when bjj was op?

gane put on a decent technical show, and it shows how hard it is to find heavyweights that gane at 3-0 gets into the ufc. i'd like to see him fight greg hardy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gane put on a decent technical show, and it shows how hard it is to find heavyweights that gane at 3-0 gets into the ufc. i'd like to see him fight greg hardy.
frozenstruik
rozenstatue
rozenstiff

just stood there

• 1Like

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah its a meme now when 2 heavies dance around each other for a few rounds its "they respect each others power". and that is a valid point, you really don't get reliable knockout power until at least middleweight i reckon.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Jones will ever be that stagnant, but I think the thrill is gone as far as him taking risks are concerned. And I would love to be wrong, just think he'll be playing it safe in every fight.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I think Jon Jones is going to be a BEAST at HW. Yeah he will be at a overall size disadvantage against most real heavies, but his 84.5 reach nullifies a lot of that. He is also pretty tall, so he will only be giving up a weight discrepancy. WIth him putting on muscle and bulking up he might lose a bit of speed, but the fast twitch explosiveness with the elbows and leg strikes will still be there. He is also much more nimble than 90% of heavies.

Imagine the dynamic Jones against a guy like, I dunno Rozenstruik. Look how immoble the guy was, he would get absolutely picked apart by Jones. But we really only need to look at how he would match up against Stipe and Ngannou. And both of those matches would be a tall task for him, but he has a chance against both imo. I cant wait to see what he can do at HW.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Well that's kind of what I mean. I think we will see a lot of 5 round fights. He's going to tire people out or submit them. If the good lord could bring us some Jon Jones finishes again at Heavy that will be very much welcomed.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Jones will ever be that stagnant, but I think the thrill is gone as far as him taking risks are concerned. And I would love to be wrong, just think he'll be playing it safe in every fight.

If Rozenstruik couldn't handle Gane, I don't know what he'd do with Jones. Play safe...harder?

Maybe it'd look like some of Israel's fights.

This is one of those deals where...ok, you're down on the cards. Clearly your plan isn't working. You think going full YOLO might lose you the fight....but at least you can change things up, take some risks and maybe that might work?

I'd much rather try turning the fight into a slugfest and lose, over 'playing safe' and getting picked apart...and still losing.