MMA Thread

Goatface

been feed little birds in my front yard for years,but not seen a one in weeks. was out and walked up up to the biggest fattest hawk i have ever seen, looked like it could eat a turkey.

=
wonder if someone is going to put a mil on Nunes again

1614744903904.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ehhh. The hawk is a bag of marbles and the drone is a blender.
ok... i'mma stop
cuz i was googling hawks p'wning drones big time, but i figure you'd like this more
c3bf5567c607db61741d732c529680ed.gif

then i "accidentally" went into the, korean chicks play golf

doha kim
ScentedArtisticGoshawk-max-1mb.gif

hyun ju yoo

dana kang

eun ji her

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
End of an era. 2 stayovers from days of yore.

Don't think anyone else is left? I'll double check later.

That should be the end of that era.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Izzy by 3rd round tko.

and lol I know it was so long ago, and he is a totally different fighter now, but he was stopped by Sokoudjou. He also dropped a decision to Jim Manuwa.

Again, not holding those losses against him like some kind of indictment, but he has looked normal on more than a couple occasions. Anderson beat him too, so did Gus and Patrick Cummins.

I think Adesanya will move in and out and pick him apart.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jan is still cutting multiple kilos. Rough cut. Going to affect him I think he looks drained.

The measures seem to be affecting his training. Hes a fucking big guy for 205.

Goatface

Junior had 5 fights left on his contract, reportedly was offered short notice against Marcin Tybura at UFC 260 on March 29 and was cut after turning it down. says he will continue to fight. Reem had 2 fights left

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
From a financial perspective, Why cut fighters? (I don't need some sort of philosophical argument about aging fighters and crowd draw or something, i'm asking what fighters cost the UFC to keep)

They don't draw a salary, do they? Isn't it just the show/win for fights? Do they have health insurance and benefits like physical therapy and stuff from the UFC? I get the superficial reasons about why to cut fighters, just trying to understand the behind the scenes financial portion and the cost of keeping fighters under contract.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From a financial perspective, Why cut fighters? (I don't need some sort of philosophical argument about aging fighters and crowd draw or something, i'm asking what fighters cost the UFC to keep)

They don't draw a salary, do they? Isn't it just the show/win for fights? Do they have health insurance and benefits like physical therapy and stuff from the UFC? I get the superficial reasons about why to cut fighters, just trying to understand the behind the scenes financial portion and the cost of keeping fighters under contract.
Why use tube tv when you can have a new flat screen? Neither of these guys win fights anymore and just water down the product. They get a base salary depending on how much their contract is, and bonus's and if its a headliner they get part of the PPV.

• 1Like

Goatface

From a financial perspective, Why cut fighters?
when dealing with Jon Jones before he vacated, Dana said something like "our contracts say we have to offer 2 fights per year...", so at some point they would have offer/pay.
pretty sure UFC doesn't cover any healthcare, read at least 1 fighter say they don't even cover pre-fight medical screening. think they cover testing, recall dana saying that at some point they were able to lower the costs from $15k per yr/fighter to under $8k

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

they cost too much

their most recent fights
c3dfb5c23d70f576de44c91e6704ee66.png

abf5437a1b4cff11c71359190cbb7ed5.png

they basically get paid 400k to lose JDS is on a 4loss streak, UFC used to be cut throat, of 3L's and youre gone

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd guess both JDS and Overeem turned down the short notice fight and someone got angry.

Overeem was about to hang it up anyway. The JDS cut is the only somewhat vindictive one.