MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Great fucking event. Great fucking bbq/party. Would have liked to have seen my boy come out with the W

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Buddy sent me this. He's sad.

1619326082136.jpeg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Usman is insane. I don't see anybody in the division that can really be a problem for him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Usman is insane. I don't see anybody in the division that can really be a problem for him.

He's getting closer to contention for #1 PFP.

He's #2 officially PFP, but tonight arguably puts him into contention with Jones last 2 performances.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This might have actually bumped Jones out of #1.

I just noticed the ESPN rankings are updated March 30th.

I think Usman is #1 PFP and if he's not officially, then he's still arguably #1. Again, Jones last 2 performances disqualify him IMO.

• 1Edgelord

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
great card. shame about early jimmy crute stoppage but it was probably a good thing, his defence was shit and smith was likely to end up jabbing his face into the next dimension. good to save the damage from a young fighter and hopefully jimmy goes off and learns to slip without having to pay too high a price for the lesson.

shame about weidman vs hall. they are both 36 year old gatekeepers dreaming of that last run, and both of them were cheated. hopefully weidman heals up then goes gets a few decent paychecks in bellator.

schevchenko is just so well rounded it's hard to see a challenger. womens div is thin tho so its really only nunes, who is a much chunkier unit. size matters.

i love my murder pixie rose. i went in hoping for a miracle and not the expected grinding down by a heavily constructed chinese whitegood (probably a fridge), but that front foot bruce lee ninja kick was mint. rose's striking has been excellent, crisp, precise, and ninja as fuck. she's probably my favourite fighter after whittaker. also whitman seems to be a brilliant coach.

usman looks unstoppable. my mate at the pub reckons wonderboy is probably the only dark horse chance of taking him out, and i am inclined to agree. usman is a complete MMA fighter, it's going to take some bruce lee flair to take him out i reckon. we'll see how edwards performs, and maybe he is next, but he's a bit of a bitch and i don't really like him.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think the only fight for Shevchenko that makes sense this point is another shot at Nunes. Nobody in her division can touch her, and at her best she may be able to at least give Nunes a challenge at 135.

Usman's overhand right is so damn fast. If you look at the KO, Masvidal actually blocked the left and was trying to throw his own left, and Usman quickly followed up with the right that just crushed him.

I was pulling for Masvidal because I was worried it was going to be a wrestle fuck by Usman. Good on him for showing his stand up game.

Great card tonight

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I will forever wonder what was sacrificed to the MMA gods for us to witness what happened tonight. The whole Weidman thing coming full circle on top of everything else. Holy shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will forever wonder what was sacrificed to the MMA gods for us to witness what happened tonight. The whole Weidman thing coming full circle on top of everything else. Holy shit.

Karma is definitely real. 0.01% chance that happens in the same sequence. Poetic justice.

But why is it "justice"....well there's this guy called Ray Longo. He was Weidman's head coach.

He created a move called "The Destruction" in his camp, to deflect leg strikes. Do your googles, check your YouTube interviews with Ray Longo, who said the intent was to shatter the bone. It was a new technique for deflecting leg strikes. And yes, it was named "The Destruction". Trademarked and capitalized.

Weidman used this move after training it at Ray Longo's. That makes it evil intent.

That makes it justice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Karma is definitely real. 0.01% chance that happens in the same sequence. Poetic justice.

But why is it "justice"....well there's this guy called Ray Longo. He was Weidman's head coach.

He created a move called "The Destruction" in his camp, to deflect leg strikes. Do your googles, check your YouTube interviews with Ray Longo, who said the intent was to shatter the bone. It was a new technique for deflecting leg strikes. And yes, it was named "The Destruction". Trademarked and capitalized.

Weidman used this move after training it at Ray Longo's. That makes it evil intent.

That makes it justice.

comments are still open, lulz

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man what an awesome night of fights. Was this the shortest main event card ever? It flew by with all the quick endings. Dana White has to be jizzing himself tonight with that showing. I don't know what it is with my friends but we slow moed that leg break like 20 times tonight. Went like frame by frame to see exactly where it snapped.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man what an awesome night of fights. Was this the shortest main event card ever? It flew by with all the quick endings. Dana White has to be jizzing himself tonight with that showing. I don't know what it is with my friends but we slow moed that leg break like 20 times tonight. Went like frame by frame to see exactly where it snapped.
idk, dana looks mad, i think it's 80% china losses tonight, this was def made for china to watch and get the ufc in there.

did he say wei li gets a rematch or naw?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
idk, dana looks mad, i think it's 80% china losses tonight, this was def made for china to watch and get the ufc in there.

did he say wei li gets a rematch or naw?
Oh shit didn't even think about that. I don't know about the rematch. everyone just left my house so I haven't read anything yet.