MMA Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Poirier doesn't end up being a thing, another Diaz fight definitely will be. They'll get at least one more fight out of the washed up McGregor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If Poirier doesn't end up being a thing, another Diaz fight definitely will be. They'll get at least one more fight out of the washed up McGregor.
feed mcgregor to tferg, let 2 limping idiots duke it out

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He already banged out a seemingly successful surgery, so he is already "recovering".
Yeah, a "successful" surgery...

Screenshot 2021-07-12 181207.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Conor could also go back into boxing if the leg never gets right. Wasn't that boxing purse his biggest ever?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah Mcgregor isnt going to let other younger fighters, or highly ranked guys at LW and WW call him out. If he can still go in there and be effective I think he will continue until he isnt. I bet he blew a lot of his money already. Hopefully he invests it now with that huge chunk from selling proper 21.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah Mcgregor isnt going to let other younger fighters, or highly ranked guys at LW and WW call him out. If he can still go in there and be effective I think he will continue until he isnt. I bet he blew a lot of his money already. Hopefully he invests it now with that huge chunk from selling proper 21.
he buys gaudy watches at a million a piece

Szlia

Silly question but.... how much metal do you have to have in your body to not be allowed to compete in sports ? I mean, in the case of MMA, who wants to low kick into a metal plate ?

• 1Worf

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Conor could also go back into boxing if the leg never gets right. Wasn't that boxing purse his biggest ever?

That was because of Mayweather the payday was that big, any 20/30 year old ranked boxers would knock Connor out in the first round without breaking a sweat.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't that a compound spiral fracture? So like ten million billion times worse than what happened to McGregor? And even he managed to play again.
Yeah, Alex managed to "play" again, sure. How long did that last?

I'm not saying Alex's injury wasn't worse, but it literally ended his career. Who gives a fuck if he came back for a couple meaningless games before retiring? Yeah, he can walk again, great. That means fuckall for his professional career and I'm just saying that "successful" is loosely defined there. Personally successful? Sure. Professionally? No chance.

Connor will essentially go the route of Alex Smith. Fight a couple meaningless fights (or probably just one if he loses again) and look sad. It's almost assured he'll never have the same mobility and at 32? He'll be looking at 34 by the time he even sets foot in a ring again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Silly question but.... how much metal do you have to have in your body to not be allowed to compete in sports ? I mean, in the case of MMA, who wants to low kick into a metal plate ?
i was wondering that too. He should break the other one tomorrow so he can fight on 2 steel bars.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kirun dying on the "Conor is basically Alex Smith now" hill is....interesting.

Tune in next year to learn more.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, Alex managed to "play" again, sure. How long did that last?
Well he's 36, hadn't played in almost 3 years, and his comeback was on a dumpster fire of a franchise. Obviously he wasn't the same as before the injury, but I think he could have had a respectable season if he'd had a decent o-line in front of him instead of a collection of human turnstiles.

Smith aside, I already predicted that McGregor won't fight again.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't Smith's ordeal not from the surgery but from an infection after the surgery? Like, they were gonna chop it off because of it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't Smith's ordeal not from the surgery but from an infection after the surgery? Like, they were gonna chop it off because of it.
Infection almost killed him, but it also took 17 surgeries, not just 1. It was a truly catastrophic fracture and if he didn't have the money of an NFL QB he would have lost the leg.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, but the 16 other surgeries were because of the flesh eating bacteria following the first one

• 1Like