MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What are you guys thinking for Henderson vs Pettis? I am so torn on that fight. Henderson is so talented, but all of his recent fights (except for Diaz) have been so close. Pettis is exciting as fuck to watch, and his last loss was Guida wrestle raping him. I can't help but wonder if Henderson can do the same thing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cerrone cost me this time. I'll beat you one day, Grimmlokk, I swear it.
Didn't you beat me the first event after you joined? To be fair that was my injury plagued stretch, it was a rebuilding era for me...

As for Pettis/Bendo, I'm pulling so hard for Pettis. Bendo has become so risk averse, he seems to be like the stand up version of GSP half the time. He's not using that vicious leg kick he has as much.

Here's the knees that made it a NC

804177891.gif

Dana just said he's paying him the win bonus, says that 2nd knee hit the shoulder. I haven't seen another angle so I can't really say, first definitely clean though.

And here's thefull gif set for the event.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Looks like it hit the head to me, but yeah, need another angle.

I beat you in my first pool but I think everyone else beat you in that event, too, so I'm not really counting it.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess Bubba's fight was early in the event and Sherdog had that one out of order? Glad he lost.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Same picks as Grimmlokk and those damn boosts and perfects get me everytime. He finishes 2nd and I finish 9th. I think a lot of us could make a little money on our picks if we went in on it though.

Edit: Oh yeah, since it happened I've been saying #2 was to the head. #1 was close...might've came up from the chest and caught the chin, but #2 is unquestionably to the face imo.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
It looks like his thigh hit him in the head, making his head lash backward, but the knee hit the shoulder. This caused the ref to make it seem he got kneed in the head. Not sure what the actual rule states, but looks legit to me. But, there is no instant replay, so the ref had to make a quick judgement call, so I can see how he would call it illegal. Sucks because i had Trujillo ko rd2 for that pick
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What I really love about MMA is that it's one of the purest and serious forms of competition. Two men enter a cage and the determination of their life and career is determined by their performance. Anything could happen and it's as real as any human contact can be.

Once in a great while, though, I just want to see some crazy shit. The UFC should pay Benson to take a few showtime kicks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
UFC card tonight, make yo picks!

I had a dream that Pettis KTFO Henderson, so going with that.
I have gone back and forth about 10 times on my picks, between Pettis by KO in the 3rd, or Henderson by Decision. At the moment I am back to Pettis in the 3rd. Will see if I change my mind in the next 2 hours until the picks are due in!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Couture is a tough sumbitch. Needs to work on his hands though. This heavyweight match up next should be interesting. I don't think it'll go past the first.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
3 minutes into the fight, and he is exhausted. Man I really picked my boosts well tonight.

Fucking LOL. What a terrible fight