MMA Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gloveless fighting is generally believed to result in less CTE because the other guy can't punch as hard without breaking his hand, plus you get cut more and fights stop more quickly on that basis. The worst is boxing where you get hit hundreds of times and it just accumulates and accumulates.

Right. CTE is getting repeated blows to the head that accumulate over time, not one nasty shot

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tyson is going to do a Lennox Lewis exhib I guess. After the Roy Jones Jr exhib I can't see anyone buying it.

If he put his nuts up like Evander Holyfield and made it a sanctioned bout I'd consider buying because I know Mike Tyson is actually in very good shape. And I'm not talking about the "good shape" Holyfield was in against Vitor Belfort. Tyson looks great in the gym, but seems against a real bout because he doesn't want to hurt anyone. I'd go so far as to say Tyson is in shape enough to demolish Vitor.

But alas, another exhibition.

Goatface

catching up on the news
1633535271269.png

sterling said he wants to fight in Dec.

henry c says he asked dana for volkanovski fight

don't know if anyone cares, apparently 5 fights have been canceled so far.
1633534505073.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
catching up on the news
View attachment 375886

sterling said he wants to fight in Dec.

henry c says he asked dana for volkanovski fight

don't know if anyone cares, apparently 5 fights have been canceled so far.
View attachment 375882
I think Dern is super hot for some reason, but other than that I don't care.

I hope Henry C gets his fight against Volks. I can't wait to watch that manlet Henry C get crushed.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Goatface

sure this won't make dana and crew happy

Deron Winn out with injury (last night). Chris Curtis steps in to fight Phil Hawes. Curtis makes weight, Hawes declines fight.

fight card down to 9 now

UFC Vegas 39 Results – Main Card (4 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
Women’s Strawweight: Mackenzie Dern (114.5) vs. Marina Rodriguez (115)
Welterweight: Randy Brown (170.5) vs. Jared Gooden (174)*
Flyweight: Tim Elliott (125.5) vs. Matheus Nicolau (125.5)
Women’s Flyweight: Sabina Mazo (125) vs. Mariya Agapova (125)
Middleweight: Phil Hawes vs. Chris Curtis (184.5)

UFC Vegas 39 Results – Prelims (1:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
Bantamweight: Chris Gutiérrez (135) vs. Felipe Colares (136)
Heavyweight: Alexander Romanov (260)vs. Jared Vanderaa (265.5)
Featherweight: Charles Rosa (145.5) vs. Damon Jackson (145.5)
Women’s Strawweight: Lupita Godinez (115.5) vs. Silvana Juarez (114)
Lightweight: Steve Garcia (155) vs. Charlie Ontiveros (155.5)

* Missed weight, fined 20% of fight purse.

also, wth

1633715245003.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sure this won't make dana and crew happy

Deron Winn out with injury (last night). Chris Curtis steps in to fight Phil Hawes. Curtis makes weight, Hawes declines fight.
what kind of low rent coach and teammates allows a retard to train during fight week?

and what kind of a faggot declines after your replacement for fight comes in making weight? just b/c he's on a 7win streak? i didn't even know this hawes faggot existed, and i'm sure ufc will memory hole him now too

Goatface

what kind of low rent coach and teammates allows a retard to train during fight week?
was looking to see what happened to Winn, still not sure, sherdog reported
"Winn was forced out of the match for non-COVID, non-weight related, undisclosed reasons."

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
he doesn't even have a stake in proper 12 no more, thats like naming the boat LW champ
The boat is what he converted his equity from proper twelve into. He'll have to cash out of another startup to fund the maintenance.

Goatface

1633824117741.png

what i gather, his arrest earlier this year for robbery and battery, the charges were downgraded, but don't know if he went to court over it. one of charges was battery against is girlfriend at the time, but she didn't press it.