MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if it goes to the ground, diamond is done, i'd also say diamond is rusty, his last 2 fights have been mcgregor lulz, while olivera had to walk down tferg and chandler, oliver was prepping for wars while diamond was trying to catch the rainbow

diamond's boxing is some of the best in division hes got a lot of juice since leaving Conor with no life in his eyes for the certified knockout (TKO was UFC corruption)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No way Dustin is denied.

He is just too stronk. Oliviera is fantastic and will give a good account of himself but I watched Dustin stand and take everything Gaethje had to give, including multiple savage leg kicks. Dustin weathered the storm and went on to pummel a super durable Gaethje and get the stoppage.

Oliviera isnt going to stop Dustin with strikes. I can see him synching something up and maybe getting an armbar or his back, but if he cant take Porier down none of that matters.

And I dont think Do Bronx is going to go in there and look for a takedown, he is going to want to put on a show and stand with Dustin.

Porier by 4th round TKO punches.

Omalley has a chance to put in some work. If he gets a quick finish its time to put him in with a real opponent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
No way Dustin is denied.

He is just too stronk. Oliviera is fantastic and will give a good account of himself but I watched Dustin stand and take everything Gaethje had to give, including multiple savage leg kicks. Dustin weathered the storm and went on to pummel a super durable Gaethje and get the stoppage.

Oliviera isnt going to stop Dustin with strikes. I can see him synching something up and maybe getting an armbar or his back, but if he cant take Porier down none of that matters.

And I dont think Do Bronx is going to go in there and look for a takedown, he is going to want to put on a show and stand with Dustin.

Porier by 4th round TKO punches.

Omalley has a chance to put in some work. If he gets a quick finish its time to put him in with a real opponent.
Yea I hadn't watched the Poirier v Holloway fight before but just saw it pop up on Youtube last night and watched the whole thing. Dustin is looking like a juggernaut right now on his feet and I don't see him getting twisted up on the ground by Oliviera. I've been watching for like 2 years now and bet on the wrong pony every time though, so what the fuck do I know?

Isn't O'malley the one who keeps taking BS fights? I like watching him, but he seems like the best example of someone that's in it for the money, not the belt.

• 1Like

Goatface

Isn't O'malley the one who keeps taking BS fights? I like watching him, but he seems like the best example of someone that's in it for the money, not the belt.
Think he said he would like Adrain Yanez next. On mobile, so can't tell if rankings have been updated, but looks like yanex's recent win didn't put him into top 15

• 1Like

Animosity

Of course theres a good loaded card when I cant watch the fight. Blows me away that Cruz has dropped down to the prelim card. I hope O'Malley gets his face caved in

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

“Next fight, a lot of people want me to fight someone ranked,” he said. “They wanted me to fight someone ranked last fight. I was supposed to fight Luis Smolka. For me, I have a contract to fight a certain amount of fights and I only get paid a certain amount of money whether I fight Louis Smolka, the dude I was supposed to fight, or I fight Petr Yan, the number one bantamweight in the UFC. I get paid the same. I’m gonna fight [the lower ranked fighter] and I’m going to fight this dude on a Conor McGregor pay-per-view.”

O’Malley then revealed that this way of thinking is inspired by someone who was once minutes away from defeating Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title.

“Chael Sonnen always says fight the worst dude on the highest part of the card. A lot of bantamweights, and just people in the UFC, they definitely hate [me for it]. It comes from jealousy. I’m getting way more eye-balls than them ... I perform in there. You can go and watch some of these guys perform and you literally pick up your phone, start surfing Instagram, you just don’t give a fuck what they’re doing.”

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think people are sleeping on how good Charles is. I think 2-3 years ago, Diamond probably starches him by round 2 or 3. Now? Lookout, boiz!

D. Cruz is on the UNDERCARD? Oooof, how the mighty have fallen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yea I hadn't watched the Poirier v Holloway fight before but just saw it pop up on Youtube last night and watched the whole thing. Dustin is looking like a juggernaut right now on his feet and I don't see him getting twisted up on the ground by Oliviera. I've been watching for like 2 years now and bet on the wrong pony every time though, so what the fuck do I know?

If I was putting cash money down-- the smart money is Oliviera. He's got the keys to victory. I can't put actual cash down on Poirier, but I can pick him to win no-stakes.

For a gambling man though, Diamond is a safe bet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
besides khabib, cuz lets just says thats a no brainer

when was diamond really tested on the ground? it was a while back against zombie

and ever since zombie diamond doesn't go for take down downs no more

and again like i said b4, it's not like olivera is a standup punk, he took down chandler and went 3 rounds with tferg

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
it's not like olivera is a standup punk, he took down chandler and went 3 rounds with tferg
So much this.

Charles flat fucking EMBARRASED Tferg, made him look like an amateur. Plus, look at what Chandler just absorbed from Justin, yet Charles fuckin' clowned him.

I'm telling ya, Do Bronx is Da Shit.

• 1Like

Goatface

been a lot of mma action on the police reports this week
1637805320933.png
1637805456518.png

• 1Worf

Jozu

Im not doubting Do Bronx at all. Thats why this is such an electric fight. You have two of the very best fighters on the entire fucking planet facing off for the top spot. Right now you couldnt ask for a better fight in the division, as far as who are the two most accomplished and current best.

The last time Oliviera lost was almost 4 years ago, when Paul Felder blasted him out with ruthless elbows. Before that he was choked out twice by Pettis and some other dude, but that was so long ago it doesnt really matter now.

BUT, the guy can be stopped. He is an impressive fighter but he can be had. And if there is anyone who can give it to him right now its The Diamond.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You have two of the very best fighters on the entire fucking planet facing off for the top spot. Right now you couldnt ask for a better fight in the division, as far as who are the two most accomplished and current best.

This.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Poirier. But I think it could really go either way.

• 1Solidarity