MMA Thread

Goatface

don't think i would mind seeing conor get mauled by oliveira. will be interesting to see if conor #9 suddenly moves up in the rankings.

dana being dana

i really don't understand what the deal is, even before winning the title francis wanted to fight 3-4 times per year. seems like having a fighter/champ wanting to fight that much be worth some extra $$$.

Rousey vs. Holm sold 1.1mil., no way pena/nunes gets anywhere close unless they stack the card

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
yeeeeeeeeeesh

1640234580557.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ngannou busy mouthing off instead of fighting.

He has a contract to honor. UFC made it clear they will renegotiate after his next fight. You be a man and you finish it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So apparently Francis only has 1 fight left on his contract. But the way the UFC is set up, they have language in their contracts that stipulates a champion is obligated to continue defending his belt on one fight deals everytime they make a defense without a longer term deal in place.

So Ngannou can walk if he loses to Gane. He is only obligated to fight again if he wins. He can also just give up the belt and get out that way.

Goatface

So Ngannou can walk if he loses to Gane. He is only obligated to fight again if he wins. He can also just give up the belt and get out that way.

on a win, think even if he gives up the belt, he won't be able to go to another org.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I know I haven't been following MMA nearly as closely over the last few years, but that is a joke right? Those aren't actually considered top fighters are they?

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know I haven't been following MMA nearly as closely over the last few years, but that is a joke right? Those aren't actually considered top fighters are they?
I think some of those people arent even in UFC anymore. It should say Noteable Fighters. Jones is the only one you could say is top fighter even though its been a few years.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

joanna was #2 when removed from rankings, supposedly she will come back in top 5 when/if they work out a match.
dos anjos is still #6
zabit was #3 when removed from rankings in early 21, says will fight soon
holly is #2 and #7 pound for pound
gus is still in ufc, was supposed fight few months ago (i thought he retired again)
shogun probably should retire
randamie was #15 when removed from rankings, last fight was a win was over pena
bryce is #11
suarez was #3 (i think) when removed from rankings, she was supposed to fight few months ago, but she might be done.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shogun needs to hang it up because he's even past the point anyone still knows or cares that he's fighting. It's gone on too long. The apathy is evidence of that. People just wince when they see him on a card against some nobody and wonder for a second whether its going to be another embarrassing loss.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I care...I'm just not confident that he can hang with the new generation very well.

I'm sure the heart is willing, though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Holy shit LOL

If someone combo'ed me like that IRL, I'd just hang the gloves up immediately.

This is still the best combo ever.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I always wanted to see Cerrone do better, overall.

His fight with Conor...man, so painful

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users