MMA Thread

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven’t paid for a PPV in 12 years. That’s beyond insane now. Especially since a lot of these big time fights have been lackluster.
The last 2 PPVs have been the best ever.

2021 had the best full-year line-up PPV of all time by far.

Saying that im still a

iu

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
around $1000 to watch all the numbered events each year is just crazy

Jake Paul is in a major war with Dana White now over fighter pay that just kicked off again this week. This is bad timing for the price hike.

The viral argument plus the optics.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Thoughts on Cyril vs Francis?

Will Cyril technically out class Francis and pick him apart? Or will Francis send Cyril into 2023 with one devastating punch?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thoughts on Cyril vs Francis?

Will Cyril technically out class Francis and pick him apart? Or will Francis send Cyril into 2023 with one devastating punch?
i'm gonna say francis is done

everyone is afraid of da bomb!!!

but no, cyril the the more veteran fighter, sure nganou has more mma fights but cyril has had a career in mt before mma

and just look at this

francis does what he does, gets a lucky bomb in and jds goes down

while cyril has mix it up and take down jds

does that mean fraincis is better cuz he finished jds so much faster? no in fact its worse b/c francais has even less ring time than cyril, you even see how inexperience francis is. once jds tripped him, francis panicked and did his hail mary throw bombs and hope i win tactic!!!

how do you learn from that?

you don't

also don't forget they are both french

they were in the same gym

they were on the same team

they had the same coach, but francis left for team coutre

you don't think all of french mma team is game planning against francis? especially when they both have/had the same head coach? francis is done unless he gets the luck of the irish again but st paddys is in march so no dice there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
cyril is a huge MMA style HW. it's a big test because Ngannou is pretty wooden and one-dimensional.

hes been improving every fight. getting more fluid again since the last Derrick Lewis fight a ways back where he lost his confidence and just stood there. he's shown he can string combinations together. A Ngannou with combinations is pretty scary.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think Cyril is going to fucking destroy Francis. Maybe Francis gets a lucky bomb in, but I don't think Gane even lets him get close. That dude's kicking is UNREAL for a Heavyweight.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The way I worded my question kind of eluded to where I stand. I think Cyril will win, I think he is a way more skilled fighter than Francis. I think he will pick him a part and as long as he avoids "DaBomb" he will win. That said Francis has a punchers chance in any fight he is in.

In order of most likely outcome (IMHO)...
1. Cyril by Decision
2. Cyril by 5th Round KO
3. Francis by 2nd or 3rd Round KO

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like Gane hasnt really been tested, which is a testament to how good he actually is. His ahtleticism and technique have served him well from the standpoint of him not taking damage. We dont really know what kind of chin he has. He has taken a few shots here and there, but overall we havent seen him in any real trouble, so we dont know how he will respond when it inevitably happens. In fact, his career has went SO well, its almost like he is still unproven, on the eve of a title bout.

If Ngannou chin checks him, Ill be curious to see how he reacts. WIll he take the shot well and just continue on with his original gameplan? Or will he lose composure and be drawn into a brawl? WIll he shell up and fight super conservative? Who knows, but if there is anyone who can force him to answer these questions its Ngannou.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think Gane is going to do what Stipe did to Francis. I don't see Gane losing just because of how quick Gane is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
3. Francis by 2nd or 3rd Round KO
if francis doesn't dabomb him by 2nd round he's gonna lose all confidence and turtle up like he did w/ stipe and even black beast.

francis can only give 2 good rounds, when it goes to round3 he's done like shane carwin