MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Too bad uncle Dana wasn't at the post fight press conference. I would have loved to see someone ask him if he felt like the first PPV of the year was worth the increased cost. I guess that should be aimed at ESPN though.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah talk about blowing the selling point. card didn't deliver on the price hike.

but like other major companies, none of that matters. the price hike covers the loss in PPV buyrate and the whales continue funding for everyone.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty "meh" card. I have no idea why Gane wasn't really using his legs. Too afraid of Francis' power in a counter? Either way, Gane fought a really stupid fight. While I think it's bullshit that judges score "control" so heavily when a fighter does jack shit with it, Gane just didn't do enough IMO.

Moreno got pretty fucked on that decision, but it isn't the worst judging hackjob I've ever seen, so whatever. Wouldn't doubt if the UFC "nudged" them to score it for Fig in a close situation to setup a 4th fight.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ngannou is going to be on with Ariel live at 3 PM. Will probably answer more about if he's going to fight again in UFC.

He already made a good point...who else is going to pay better? The contract being dirt compared to what Alistair Overeem was making for 10 years aside. Yeah I'm not sure if Ngannou deserves more money. Overeem had legacy and a history when he signed that contract. Just because you're kicking a few asses doesn't make you prime Overeem.

I think Ngannou's demands for more money are probably unfounded.

Goatface

1643049353236.png

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Francis telling Joe that his career isn't going to "last forever" and he wants to box before all is said and done seemed pretty genuine. I can't really fault the guy and the dogshit pay the UFC offers makes it that much easier to leave.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if francis has one last fight left, it's clearly gonna be against jon jones, he's the only guy that can take francis down

Kiki

Log Wizard
I can't see even jon jones taking down a brick like francis, much like what just happened. If he does win, it would be by some stupid decision like his last fight with Reyes. He has not looked good his last 2 fights imo and his personal life still seems like a mess.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't see even jon jones taking down a brick like francis, much like what just happened. If he does win, it would be by some stupid decision like his last fight with Reyes. He has not looked good his last 2 fights imo and his personal life still seems like a mess.
tbf his personal life seems like a mess since forever

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Stipe would beat Francis silly if he'd actually get on some HGH and T therapy and bulk up another 20-30 lbs.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stipe would beat Francis silly if he'd actually get on some HGH and T therapy and bulk up another 20-30 lbs.
he's been wearing these dorky glasses since his eye surgery 2 years ago, idk if dc blinded him or what

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watching Stipe in that fight it was criminal how undersized he was. They played the reel last week for the prefight hype. Didn't look right.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Watching Stipe in that fight it was criminal how undersized he was. They played the reel last week for the prefight hype. Didn't look right.
Probably because Stipe is trying to do it on chicken breasts and broccoli while Francis is getting fed a constant regimen of buffalo semen and elk antler extract.
he's been wearing these dorky glasses since his eye surgery 2 years ago, idk if dc blinded him or what
Probably. With some of DC's comments at the commentary table, it's obvious he's a dirty tub of shit. Basically anytime the discussion of an "old rule" or "grey area rule" comes up, DC mentions how he would've exploited the fuck out of it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still blows me away how disrespected Stipe is by the UFC. Best heavyweight of all time, doesnt shit talk and is a legit good human. Surprised he doesn’t get used more by them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably. With some of DC's comments at the commentary table, it's obvious he's a dirty tub of shit. Basically anytime the discussion of an "old rule" or "grey area rule" comes up, DC mentions how he would've exploited the fuck out of it.

DC vs Silva is all you need to know about that.