MMA Thread

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
moicano got wrecked, gnp elbows encaved his face over a few rounds. there was the ref trying to get the doctor to stop it but like all MMA corners moicanos was like "nah man yolo your career away 5 years by getting serious brain trauma!". but he probably got a lot of new followers so maybe it balances out, i dunno.

colby vs masvidal was pretty good. both got clipped but ended up predicatable wrestlefuck from colby. wonder how much PPV the WWE of the UFC sold tonight?

holland got up over cowboy at welterweight, he's big for that division and could wreck shit if he stays dsciplined. my boy greg hardy got pummelled again. don't care, will be happy to watch him get pummeled many more times. and khabibs cousin umar nurmasmamamer is looking pretty solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jorge "the punching bag" nomas nomas

that wasn't even competitive it was so annoying

you know what other jorge is also annoying?
premiere-of-8-at-the-wilshire-ebell-theatre---arrivals.jpg

that jorge,

say hello Bandwagon Bandwagon , you'll get to see him for 30days

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jorge just doesn't have a gas tank at all. I don't know if it's age or what, but he just seems to gas hard after the first round.

Welterweight is boring as shit. Give Luque his shot already, goddamn. After that, there really isn't anybody. Maybe Chimaev in a couple fights?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not a very memorable card, did like the kid from Arkansas. Look forward to seeing more of him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
joe on his podcast said july is gonna be a big ufc, might even be conor coming back for a title fight, but thats really close to 274 to see who wins gathe or olivera

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
might even be conor coming back for a title fight
I was going to say "Wtf, why?", but then if I'm being honest I'd be happy to watch him get tooled by Oliveira. I don't see how he coasts on his mouth much more after this one, though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was going to say "Wtf, why?", but then if I'm being honest I'd be happy to watch him get tooled by Oliveira. I don't see how he coasts on his mouth much more after this one, though.
You could tell when Joe said it that he kind of had a stink in his voice about Conor getting a title shot after getting his ass beat by Dustin 2x. The very first sentence he said sounded "stinky", then I think he realized it and kind of masked it afterwards. (It's weird how this subtle stuff seems really obvious after listening to someone for hundreds of hours).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When you build your brand up as high as he did, you can do ridiculous stuff like get a free title shot despite not having a relevant MMA win in 6 years.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
When you build your brand up as high as he did, you can do ridiculous stuff like get a free title shot despite not having a relevant MMA win in 6 years.
but THAT is ridiculous and one would think that it's more damaging to the UFC brand than the short-term paydays can make up for.

I boxed in my early 20s and I hate the whole boxing world because of shit like this. It makes sense to me that popular-appeal counts for something in UFC and I've appreciated that it always seemed like that was obvious and upfront (IE: not deceptive) since I started watching UFC, but stuff like Conor possibly getting a title shot when his last 4 fights in 6 years looks like this is some dumb shit
1646867341917.png

And I know you know that, Gavin. I'm just emphasizing that this is pretty fucking retarded even from the perspective of a new fan.

• 1Like

Goatface

i just think it funny, dana saying "that's not how it works" when responding to Henry and Jonna wanting to come back to title shots.
anyway
in may before fighting dustin, conor was the fav over oliveira
1646869439168.png

don't see any current odds

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even though TFerg is starting to show his age, I think with his ability to absorb punishment, insane cardio, and his ground game, he's going to take Chandler apart. Chandler tends to just come out blasting and is gassed by midway through the 2nd round. I think Tony will absorb that and just outwork him.

Either way, should be a good fight and I love watching Tony fight.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Even though TFerg is starting to show his age, I think with his ability to absorb punishment, insane cardio, and his ground game, he's going to take Chandler apart. Chandler tends to just come out blasting and is gassed by midway through the 2nd round. I think Tony will absorb that and just outwork him.

Either way, should be a good fight and I love watching Tony fight.
tferg has a 5in reach over chandler, his only way to win is to turtle up and roll away... hoping tferg trips and falls on a random wire

• 1Worf