MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
That was a, I am way too old and tired for this shit mistake. Jiri by no hooks RNC with 28 seconds left was not on my bingo card.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why not. Who else is he going to fight?

What a way to win. Life is so crazy, for him to submit such a tough opponent, after facing MASSIVE adversity, I knew Jiri was the man. Where is the fucking retard who tried saying all he has knocked out was cans?

Jive Turkey

Karen
I wanna see a replay of Jiri out on his feet. It looked like you could've just pushed him over at one point

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I mean Jiri is probably deserving. He rocked Glover multiple times, body shots took the gas out of him, held his own in grappling and BJJ. But fuck me he was about 3 seconds from losing it with a minute to go in the 5th.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly thought the fight was over. Goddard was even hovering like he was thinking about stopping it. Jiri was not only rocked, but extremely exhausted. He was punch drunk, basically just operating on instinct. Glover could of probably finished him with strikes but he was tired too. He probably thought he could just get the choke and call it a night. Not only did Jiri escape, he escaped a fully locked in arm triangle when Glover still had energy.

Jiri's sentiment after the fight was interesting, as the first thing he said was he will do better next time. After winning a fight like that, against a guy like that, he was being hard on himself. Truly a great fighter. ANd for good reason, I was thinking why he wasnt pulling the trigger more. he was doing a shit ton of feinting, which he always does, but he was doing it so much he couldnt find a rhythm. He only adjusted hid glove twice the entire fight, indicating he was struggling to get into his flow state. He is like a tidal wave, once he finds an opening he starts to just overwhelm his opponent with savage strikes from all angles, but he just couldnt find it against Glover.

I was yelling at him to throw the fucking uppercut more. Glover is super vulnerable to the uppercut, and when Jiri did throw it he landed and hurt him.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean Jiri is probably deserving. He rocked Glover multiple times, body shots took the gas out of him, held his own in grappling and BJJ. But fuck me he was about 3 seconds from losing it with a minute to go in the 5th.
it's like chael vs silva all over again

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a fuck up by Glover. Had him completely rocked and almost out on his feet and he kept shooting and going for a guillotine instead of finishing. Or just taking the decision lol. Damn.
he's brazilian, he can't help it

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Outside of Jiri being mounted repeatedly...........................

That aside-- I was impressed with what ground skills and grappling knowledge Jiri had.

He downplays it in the media, but Jiri's choke defenses were world class and so was his scramble. His scramble was insane and championship material in the current division.

Mark it down.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
This is the best MMA match I've ever seen. It blows my mind. I'll post a teaser just so you know it isn't meatspin.

1655016974587.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users