MMA Thread

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I think Levan screwed up by being so obviously dominant. It's going to be hard to find him an interesting opponent. The scary thing is Devon is almost that dominant in North America. There really no one anywhere close for Levan and there won't be for a very long time.

I have no clue why I find arm wrestling so interesting, I'm in no way built for it and I don't normally watch sports that I don't compete in.

Larratt has as much charisma as any sport/entertainer in the world and beyond him there are a ton of interesting characters to follow. Matches are quick relative to other sports so its pretty much never boring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Levan is just way way way too strong. 6-0 was the least surprising outcome given just how fucking big Levan is. I didnt think Larratt was going to get a pin but I did think he was going to have at least some resistance. That was one sided to the point of absurdity. Its gonna kill any Levan match up hype though, there is no point in anyone pulling him currently.

I was favoring Devon, and I thought he might be able to stop some hits from Levan. I thought that the pancake-diet, great-pumpkin Devon had a decent chance.

But when I saw them talking together right before the match...don't get me wrong, Devon is a big dude...but Levan...seeing them side by side just made me go 'fuck'. I knew Levan had 100lbs on him, but the size/mass difference wasn't noticeable until they were face to face.

And stopping hits...I don't even think Levan was 'hitting' all that much. He made it look so easy. He just hulk-strengthed Devon straight to the pad.

It's really interesting that one of the few people to ever get a pin against Levan, Sabin Badulescu, put up a video after Levan's win, saying that he wanted 1 year to train and then to pull Levan.

Goatface

1656423712623.png

1656423799530.png

Didn't see anything new from stipe, jjones said stipe wanted to fight in sept.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't Stipe already have serious retinal damage from eye pokes? Why would he ever agree to fight Jones?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably same reason he agreed to fight D.C. again. Bills to pay and not being offered anything else.

Both his knees are also on the line against Jones. It's going to be messy with a bunch of injuries for Stipe to retire with win or lose.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stipe is tough as fuck though, I think he could demoralize Jones by eating a few shots and not folding and then starts to walk him down. Jones isnt a slouch, but Im not sure he could engage in a savage heavyweight slugging match like Stipe has on multiple occasions. Ngannou has a granite chin and Jones would struggle to move him, so he could lose to either guy. I think he ends up fighting Stipe though.

And to answer why Stipe would want to fight Jones, its simple really, legacy. Yeah he wants a big payday, but if he actually beats Jon? He is already considered the most accomplished UFC heavy of all time, adding Jon Bones Jones' scalp to his collection would put his legacy beyond reproach.

Goatface

Robbie/Barberena did end up on the main card.

UFC 276 Saturday on ESPN+ pay-per-view at 10 p.m.

Israel Adesanya (183.5) vs. Jared Cannonier (184.5)
Alexander Volkanovski (144.5) vs. Max Holloway (144.5)
Alex Pereira (184.5) vs. Sean Strickland (185.5)
Bryan Barberena (170.5) vs. Robbie Lawler (171)
Pedro Munhoz (135.5) vs. Sean O'Malley (135)

Early prelims begin at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass before moving to ABC, ESPN and ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Brad Riddell (155.5) vs. Jalin Turner (155.5)
Donald Cerrone (170.5) vs. Jim Miller (170.5)
Ian Garry (171) vs. Gabriel Green (170)
Dricus Du Plessis (185) vs. Brad Tavares (185.5)
Uriah Hall (186) vs. Andre Muniz (185.5)
Maycee Barber (126) vs. Jessica Eye (126)
Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Julija Stoliarenko (136)
1656718775380.png

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit Lawler is on this card? Was he a late ass or did I just miss him because of all the other HUGE Fights?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why do some of you guys hate Volk so much?
I just hate fighters who are so aggressive and "in your face" about how "good" they are. It's the same reason I hate(d) Connor during his run, despite his ability to "back it up". Let your ability do the talking.

Or be like Izzy and at least be fucking funny if you're going to resort to those types of antics.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching Cowboy vs Miller is like watching people fight underwater vs how fast Garry was.

Like stuck in the mud

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I was just about to type Miller looks so much better and then the submission. GG Cowboy, time to hang it up because you are no longer fun to watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user