MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Yeah, it seems like for business reasons they should milk the "Only UK champion" thing a bit. I'd rather have some more interesting title fights than immediately revert to Usman.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1661199240487.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-113738_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-113738_Facebook.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

“In the back of my mind I thought, ‘Why is everyone getting tired?’ I was watching it thinking I won’t get tired because I’ve been here for two weeks, I slept in altitude at home – I probably won’t feel it,” Edwards said on The MMA Hour when asked how he felt warming up beforehand. “So I was watching it backstage, and I was thinking in the back of my head as I was warming up, ‘S***, why is everyone getting tired?’ When we went out there, after the first round, I can’t explain it, my body just shut down. It was just a weird feeling. It wasn’t cardio, it was like my body just wasn’t reacting. In my head I could think what I wanted to do, but my body just wasn’t doing it. ...

“My 10 fights I had to get to this point to fight for the championship, I never looked like that in a fight, ever. Even when I was fighting, I was looking ahead like, ‘Man, what the hell is going on? Just keep pushing. I know he’s crafty and the body is feeling it, but just keep working and stay focused. It’s never over until it’s over.’ I stayed in there and got the clean head kick KO. ...

“If my body was reacting the way it was in the first round, the fight would have gone a totally different way. The first round I felt normal. Then after that, my body just kind of shut down on me. If I would have felt the way I did in the first round, it would have been a totally different fight.”

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

“In the back of my mind I thought, ‘Why is everyone getting tired?’ I was watching it thinking I won’t get tired because I’ve been here for two weeks, I slept in altitude at home – I probably won’t feel it,” Edwards said on The MMA Hour when asked how he felt warming up beforehand. “So I was watching it backstage, and I was thinking in the back of my head as I was warming up, ‘S***, why is everyone getting tired?’ When we went out there, after the first round, I can’t explain it, my body just shut down. It was just a weird feeling. It wasn’t cardio, it was like my body just wasn’t reacting. In my head I could think what I wanted to do, but my body just wasn’t doing it. ...

“My 10 fights I had to get to this point to fight for the championship, I never looked like that in a fight, ever. Even when I was fighting, I was looking ahead like, ‘Man, what the hell is going on? Just keep pushing. I know he’s crafty and the body is feeling it, but just keep working and stay focused. It’s never over until it’s over.’ I stayed in there and got the clean head kick KO. ...

“If my body was reacting the way it was in the first round, the fight would have gone a totally different way. The first round I felt normal. Then after that, my body just kind of shut down on me. If I would have felt the way I did in the first round, it would have been a totally different fight.”
Sounds like he had an adrenaline dump after round 1.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sad that Liam Harrison got fucking tooled inside 2 minutes.

The guy is so fun to watch and is a genuine competitor, sucks to see him come up short in such an embarrassing fashion. I didnt see if Nong-O broke something with the leg kick or what, but Harrison had a weird reaction after he went down, like looking to his corner in frustration. He must have broke something.

edit: He blew out his knee....lol wow.

Last edited: