MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You can hear the double-snap

Ouch. That's exactly where the nanosecond fighter reaction of "Fuck this guy, I don't accept that this is happening" really bites you in the ass. If that grip is really on you just have to bail from everything to protect your arm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
france
8318db7570518e7e7f23af61f83c7511.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Fuck That fighter. Dude should be life banned.
Nah. Your opponent doesn't tap to a joint lock in professional MMA, what are you supposed to do other than carry it to completion? Broken arm guy literally put himself in that position by kicking off the cage and trying to turn in and stand from inside an Americana, and he had at least a full second to reconsider or tap if he wanted to. Instead he just tried to ego through a locked-in submission attack.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm fucking stoked for the Tuivasa fight. Mostly because I'm interested in seeing how Gane will deal with a guy he won't be able to just kick to death. Tuivasa has a monster chin and definitely doesn't "wait" out his opponent.

Also pretty excited for the Whittaker v. Vettori fight. Especially since it'll be a 3 rounder.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Nah. Your opponent doesn't tap to a joint lock in professional MMA, what are you supposed to do other than carry it to completion? Broken arm guy literally put himself in that position by kicking off the cage and trying to turn in and stand from inside an Americana, and he had at least a full second to reconsider or tap if he wanted to. Instead he just tried to ego through a locked-in submission attack.

See, I don't roll so all I saw the first few times I watched it, was just 'dude breaking another dudes arm'

I had to go back and and watch it several times. Then I saw that he was already attacking the arm before the other guy tried to breakdance his way out of danger. But I definitely didn't grasp the entirety of the situation at first.

I didn't get some sort of Rousimar Palhares vibe or anything. But I could definitely see where Pavao was put into a position to either let go, or hold on and keep the hold while Downer tried to escape. Which does seem like a shitty situation that did NOT turn out very well for Downer.

• 1Like

Goatface

Rousimar Palhares
was trying to remember his name without looking it up, don't think i would have ever got it. what a complete fuck up.

=

don't know shit about sweden's laws, other than a uk biker on youtube got raped for speeding. sure, speeding + dui isn't a joke there.

1661911041826.png

Till's last win was in 2019, and he is still ranked #9

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Unless Izzy just gives up, retires, etc. there is no fucking way he'd lose to a guy like Till. Hell, Till got crushed by both Brunson AND Whittaker. Bisping is smoking crack.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tills claim to fame is beating cowboy, like who hasn't beaten cowboy? hell conors last win in 5years has been his one win against cowboy

Goatface

UFC Fight Night 209 will stream live on ESPN+ on Saturday.
Prelims begin at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT,
main card kicks off at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT.

UFC Fight Night 209 Weigh-in Results:

Ciryl Gane (247) vs. Tai Tuivasa (266)
Marvin Vettori (186) vs. Robert Whittaker (186)
Alessio Di Chirico (186) vs. Roman Kopylov (186)
Nasrat Haqparast (155) vs. John Makdessi (154.5)
Jarno Errens (146) vs. William Gomis (146)
Charles Jourdain (145.5) vs. Nathaniel Wood (146)

Prelims
Abusupiyan Magomedov (186) vs. Dustin Stoltzfus (186)
Michal Figlak (156) vs. Fares Ziam (156)
Joaquin Buckley (186) vs. Nassourdine Imavov (186)
Gabriel Miranda (155.5) vs. Benoit St. Denis (156)
Christian Quinonez (136) vs. Khalid Taha (135)
Stephanie Egger (145) vs. Ailin Perez (144.5)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tuivasa is on fire right now. All his stops are Rd1 Rd2 latest.

I feel bad this is Gane's comeback fight after losing a shot at the belt.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Tuivasa is on fire right now. All his stops are Rd1 Rd2 latest.

I feel bad this is Gane's comeback fight after losing a shot at the belt.
Yeah I think the odds are a little fucked up. Vegas isn't giving Tuivasa any credit. He's for sure on fire. I did put a hundo on Tuivasa to win by knock out because he won't win by a decision.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I think the odds are a little fucked up. Vegas isn't giving Tuivasa any credit. He's for sure on fire. I did put a hundo on Tuivasa to win by knock out because he won't win by a decision.

If you take Volkov and Jairzinho away from Gane's wins he hasn't done that much more than Tai has.

But he's a proven himself to be an elite point-fighter, on a level that is far above everyone else in the division. So I get it.

Now neither fighter, Gane nor Tuivasa, had a fight with Curtis Blaydes. That annoys me if this is supposed to be for top contender.