tj and do bronx w/ no respect

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
finally something good
b6c2fb26851ac06e77e5470d1e4ef37b.png

tj and do bronx w/ no respect
Belal v. Brady should be great.

Nice to see Dariush fight again after a long(ish) layoff, especially against a guy on a big upswing like Gamrot.

TJ v. Sterling is the battle of the hated bastards.

Sugar Sean is always great, but I have a feeling Yan is going to bring him back down to earth.

Hell, the Oezdemir and Krylov fight has major potential too.

And of course my boy Do Bronx hopefully shows the world why he's the GOAT.

Card is absolutely fucking STACKED. I really hope Rogan does a fight companion for it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how anyone can doubt Oliveira at this point. He hasn't lost in 5 years and knocked off every big name that isn't Khabib in that time. For him to be a defending champ underdog (technically he doesn't have the belt, but he is still the champ) is pretty crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

think 1st time ever seeing that in the ufc during fight week
1666116887989.png

=

dana seems to confirm volkanovski will get winner oliveira/makhachev

=
in the know when to keep your mouth shut dept

Ilir Latifi Temporarily Suspended for Competing with Staph Infection at UFC Fight Night 211
Latifi initially revealed the ailment during a post-fight interview following a unanimous decision victory against Alexey Oleynik on Oct. 1 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

“Even this week, my leg is swollen. I didn’t even tell my coaches, but I got a staph infection two days ago," Latifi said in the cage.

Latifi will not be allowed to compete until he reaches an agreement with the NSAC on a punishment.

might be looking in wrong places, but can't find anyone else that got punished for fighting with staph. kevin lee admitted it in cage to.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
think 1st time ever seeing that in the ufc during fight week
View attachment 438725
=

dana seems to confirm volkanovski will get winner oliveira/makhachev

=
in the know when to keep your mouth shut dept

Ilir Latifi Temporarily Suspended for Competing with Staph Infection at UFC Fight Night 211

might be looking in wrong places, but can't find anyone else that got punished for fighting with staph. kevin lee admitted it in cage to.
maybe like you said after kevin lee admitted it
he was able to hide it from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) and UFC doctors.

“I feel like that was a huge factor. The staph infection didn’t really help. I have been fighting it for over a week now, and it didn’t make it easier,” said Lee during the post-fight presser. “I’m sitting here now at about 185 pounds, a little too big for the weight class now. I have been fighting at this weight class since I started MMA at 17. It’s about time for me to go up and get bigger, stronger.”

Not a good look, NSAC.

nsac felt like retards, so they'll take down anyone that admits it even post fight

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Slap fighting is so fucking dumb. I hope no one watches and it makes no money and dies off within a year.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dumb or not they probably shouldn't be allowed to do that shit in any kind of organized fashion without having a doctor on standby. No shortage of concussions when you just stand there and let some dude tee off on your head.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Dumb or not they probably shouldn't be allowed to do that shit in any kind of organized fashion without having a doctor on standby. No shortage of concussions when you just stand there and let some dude tee off on your head.
They had a doctor there who tried to stop the match because the dude's eye was swelling and he couldn't see.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I lost a lot of reapect for Dana over the slap fighting shit. Mongoloids with ocean temp iq enjoy that, no one else. Like what is interesting about that? Whats next the Russian car fighting championship? Two dudes strapped into the drivers and passenger seat of a convertible fight eachother without leaving their seat. Just brilliant stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

“Actually, I’ve got a couple questions,” Sterling said when addressing the crowd in Abu Dhabi. “So you guys are all familiar with the Embedded episodes. For some reason, I haven’t seen T.J. in any of the Embedded episodes.

“That’s how he got caught last time. I wonder if there’s something going on that it might be a little fishy, T.J.?”

Rather than defend himself against the accusations, Dillashaw responded with an interesting jab at Sterling as he seeks to reclaim the bantamweight title he was forced to surrender after his positive drug test and subsequent suspension.

“Look, I’ve come to terms with it,” Dillashaw said addressing his past. “It’s time now. You’re going to get your ass whooped by a cheater, motherf*****. He’s so worried he can come test me himself. He can test these nuts in his mouth.”

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can't see slap fighting getting any traction over other failed ventures like arm wrestling. It's on the same level of niche appeal.

NSAC agreeing to sanction it is good for safety since this is going to be a thing, albeit embarrassing that anyone is pushing it in the first place.

• 1Like

Goatface

weigh-ins are at 1am et
apparently oliveira coach said he was already 155 at 6pm et
ceremonial weigh-ins are at 8 am et

Goatface

UFC 280

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 2 p.m. ET)

• Charles Oliveira (154.5) vs. Islam Makhachev (154.5) – for vacant lightweight title
  • Champ Aljamain Sterling (135) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (135) – for bantamweight title
  • Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs. Petr Yan (136)
  • Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (156)
  • Katlyn Chookagian (127.5)* vs. Manon Fiorot (125.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPNews/ESPN+, 10 a.m. ET 10:30 AM ET)

• Sean Brady (171) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
  • Caio Borralho (186) vs. Makhmud Muradov (185.5)
  • Nikita Krylov (206) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (206)
  • Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170.5) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (171)
  • AJ Dobson (185) vs. Armen Petrosyan (186)
  • Malcolm Gordon (126) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (126)
  • Lina Lansberg (135) vs. Karol Rosa (135)
* Chookagian misses weight by 1.5 pounds

Zubaira Tukhugov and Lucas Almeida was officially announced as canceled just minutes before weigh-ins began due to a medical issue.

edit - preliminary card start was moved to 10:30am to cover the 2 fights that got cancelled

Last edited: