MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Bo Nickal is fucking ridiculous. Dudes going to dominate.
Well yeah. All-time great wrestler and he's still young and seems to be polishing his MMA skillset very quickly. Not a man to be fucked with.

Edit: This was gorgeous.

Edit edit:

Not sure that link is working properly. Source from here:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

so guess word is, Zuckerberg bough out this weekend's fight night at the apex center, no fans or media

Main card (ESPN+)
Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xiaonan
Francisco Trinaldo vs. Randy Brown
Raoni Barcelos vs. Trevin Jones
Sodiq Yusuff vs. Don Shainis
John Castañeda vs. Daniel Santos
Mike Davis vs. Viacheslav Borshchev
Preliminary card (ESPN+)
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Ilir Latifi
Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci
Joaquim Silva vs. Jesse Ronson
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Brendan Allen
Maxim Grishin vs. Philipe Lins
Julija Stoliarenko vs. Chelsea Chandler
Guido Cannetti vs. Randy Costa

Fight Nights aren't PPV. You just have to have an ESPN+ subscription.

Aspen Ladd missed weight again? Hasn't this hippo missed like 2 or 3 times before? Why the fuck does she still have a contract?
Ladd (9-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) was cut by the promotion Tuesday after three fight cancellations caused by her missing weight.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
so guess word is, Zuckerberg bough out this weekend's fight night at the apex center, no fans or media

Main card (ESPN+)
Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xiaonan
Francisco Trinaldo vs. Randy Brown
Raoni Barcelos vs. Trevin Jones
Sodiq Yusuff vs. Don Shainis
John Castañeda vs. Daniel Santos
Mike Davis vs. Viacheslav Borshchev
Preliminary card (ESPN+)
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Ilir Latifi
Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci
Joaquim Silva vs. Jesse Ronson
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Brendan Allen
Maxim Grishin vs. Philipe Lins
Julija Stoliarenko vs. Chelsea Chandler
Guido Cannetti vs. Randy Costa
Pretty dogshit card - I guess the Yusuff fight might be alright? Other than that, I'll probably 'bate to Mackenzie since I think she is hot as fuck.
Ladd (9-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) was cut by the promotion Tuesday after three fight cancellations caused by her missing weight.
Got her ass!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She fought 9 amateur fights and her first two pro fights with Invicta as a Flyweight without a problem but as soon as she started fighting ten pounds heavier at Bantamweight she couldn't reliably make weight anymore, missing weight once in Invicta and three times with the UFC.

Ladd is in a relationship with her MMA coach Jim West

Gonna guess it's a lack of discipline on a personal level and probably also a lack of competent folks around her. Looks like "MMAGOLD" is a bunch of nobodies.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yan vs dern was more than i thought it'd be

5rounds is not for dern

well at least, b/c her standup is horrible, she now has a good chin

apparently simps are raging that dern didn't win, like, dafuqqq? lets be real, going into rd5, yan already clearly won 3rounds, dern needed to sub her and failed, even got reversed at the finals seconds

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
yan vs dern was more than i thought it'd be

5rounds is not for dern

well at least, b/c her standup is horrible, she now has a good chin

apparently simps are raging that dern didn't win, like, dafuqqq? lets be real, going into rd5, yan already clearly won 3rounds, dern needed to sub her and failed, even got reversed at the finals seconds
Eh, I think the 47-47 card was the correct call. That 5th round was definitely 10-8, IMO. That said, I don't think Dern got "screwed" by any means and Yan winning isn't really a bad call.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
weak
548a70264f4a5ef9b64f827d81d4eb23.png

just gotta wait till 280

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
282 is supposed to be the big boi night, they wana jon jones vs nganaou, depending on contract negotiations

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What the mother fuck? 280 is an Abu Dhabi mid-day start time? I was going to throw a big party for all my friends, but that pretty much kills that.
machachev was talking shit like where do bronx at, don't see him at abu dhabi yet.
like bitch, 280 is a week and a half away
do bronx landed there yesterday anyway, why so many days ahead of time? it's not like it's a drastic elevation

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Can someone explain this to my dumb friend?

Blue shorts had a shallow, high underhook on black shorts, which means his wrist was trapped in black's armpit. Black shorts hooked over blue's elbow and violently drove it across the body. This can easily dislocate the shoulder or break the elbow. It's the same thing Jon Jones did to Glover Teixeira, and Glover suffered a torn labrum and needed surgery.

It's a super shitty thing to attack in amateur competition. It's not exactly illegal, but is a VERY unsportsmanlike move and demonstrates significant disregard of the opponent. By nature of the technique there is no control and no time to tap. It either fails or causes immediate serious injury. The point of submission grappling is to demonstrate sufficient control that the opponent has time to recognize the threat and tap. Things move quickly and injuries absolutely happen, especially in competition, but this is a different level.

Fuck that guy. Blue shorts made the right call to bow out from competing against him.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blue shorts had a shallow, high underhook on black shorts, which means his wrist was trapped in black's armpit. Black shorts hooked over blue's elbow and violently drove it across the body. This can easily dislocate the shoulder or break the elbow. It's the same thing Jon Jones did to Glover Teixeira, and Glover suffered a torn labrum and needed surgery.

It's a super shitty thing to attack in amateur competition. It's not exactly illegal, but is a VERY unsportsmanlike move and demonstrates significant disregard of the opponent. By nature of the technique there is no control and no time to tap. It either fails or causes immediate serious injury. The point of submission grappling is to demonstrate sufficient control that the opponent has time to recognize the threat and tap. Things move quickly and injuries absolutely happen, especially in competition, but this is a different level.

Fuck that guy. Blue shorts made the right call to bow out from competing against him.

its the grappling version of teeps to the knee in MMA

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
what the fuck @ Herb's wobbly run

He looked like an old lady teacher trying to break up a fight at recess