MMA Thread

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
ePPKr6d.jpg

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I had jones by split decision, was hoping for Gus win.

that 49-46 judge and the cunt that judged he mayweather fight need to both die in a plane crash.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah what does 'I had him winning by split decision' mean? Do you know the judges well enough to think that two judges score the fight one way and another judge doesn't think kicks are all that so he wouldn't give the fight to JJ?

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Yeah what does 'I had him winning by split decision' mean? Do you know the judges well enough to think that two judges score the fight one way and another judge doesn't think kicks are all that so he wouldn't give the fight to JJ?
In a normal fight I think that's how it would've been scored...Considering its a championship bout, they usualy favour the champion a bit more. Gustafson's striking was superior throughout (minus the elbow flurry), Jones had the better kicks, gus' Td defense was very good, took Jones down once but so did Jones. I thought it was a very close fight.

I had 2 rounds for gus, 1 for jones, 2 ???

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Gus won the 1st round hands down, a take down and superior striking.

Jones won the 2nd round off kicks. I know Gus had some great punches that round but Jones was doing some real damage with the thigh and knee kicks.

The 3rd could have Ben scored for either guy and I would not have argued either way.

I do not think anyone can say rounds 4 or 5 went to Gus. Jones dominated those rounds, the championship rounds.

This is why I said 4-1 Jones or 3-2 Jones.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Jones won that, but I don't think anyone would be up in arms had they given the fight to Gus. If you're the challenger, you've got to win convincingly. No debate - and he didn't. And I hate Jones. Consolation is, the dude looked totally fucked up after that fight. Never seen him so beaten up. Great fucking fight.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Please break down the rounds, I want to understand your logic.
I had 1 and 3 to Gus, 2 unsure (maybe a slight edge to jones), 4 obviously jones, 5 coulda gone either way (slightly going towards jones as well).

Although Jones kicks did some damage, in early rounds, I still felt Gus did more with his striking to offset them.

As I said, i have no problems at all with the decision of Jones winning, to me it was a close fight and that 49-46 was smoking crack.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Jones won that, but I don't think anyone would be up in arms had they given the fight to Gus. If you're the challenger, you've got to win convincingly. No debate - and he didn't. And I hate Jones. Consolation is, the dude looked totally fucked up after that fight. Never seen him so beaten up. Great fucking fight.
I dont hate Jones but I agree with this. If gus had brought a bit more in the last round (he looked gased for half of it), he could've stolen it. The elbow flurry is what really won Jones the fight imo, its the only time in the fight where one fighter looked like he was about to get KO'd.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't be upset if Jones lost, if he truly lost. I am a bit of Jones fan but I am way more of a good fight fan. My two favorite fighters are Machida and Faber, they have lost plenty and I enjoyed the fights.

Like Springbok said if it goes to the score cards the challenger really has to take the belt for the champ. Gus gave Jones all he could handle but he didn't dominate 4 or 5 rounds.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be upset if Jones lost, if he truly lost. I am a bit of Jones fan but I am way more of a good fight fan. My two favorite fighters are Machida and Faber, they have lost plenty and I enjoyed the fights.

Like Springbok said if it goes to the score cards the challenger really has to take the belt for the champ. Gus gave Jones all he could handle but he didn't dominate 4 or 5 rounds.
Yep I come from that school as well. If you wanna beat the champion, you have to beat him and not squeak in a slight advantage victory. Gus knew he almost had it and looked very sad at the end cause he probably knewh ow close he came!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Great main event last night. Would love to see the rematch immediately. Super Bowl weekend looks like it could work. Also, that KO Stephen Thompson scored was nasty. I wish he and Conor McGregor were in the same weight class.

Fedor

<Banned>
I had 1 and 3 to Gus, 2 unsure (maybe a slight edge to jones), 4 obviously jones, 5 coulda gone either way (slightly going towards jones as well).

Although Jones kicks did some damage, in early rounds, I still felt Gus did more with his striking to offset them.

As I said, i have no problems at all with the decision of Jones winning, to me it was a close fight and that 49-46 was smoking crack.
It still makes no sense to say that you had Jones winning by split decision. You're one person; you either thought Jones won or he lost even if it was a close fight.