gak

<Gold Donor>
d.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Imagine giving someone a title shot when they're coming off a 3 year break after two losses, having never even fought in the division before.

Also here's more evidence that Jones is one of the dumbest motherfuckers to ever win a title.

Jon Jones is just a "someone?" Only Gavin or jayrebb could have a take this bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's one thing to move up in your prime. Not only is he moving up after years away, but he's moving up after a bad slide and failing to defend the belt in a convincing fashion. Even going so bad for him as to lose to one of his last 2 opponents on the cards.

I'm pretty sure when Anderson moved up it wasn't for a title shot first of all, and he was STILL Middleweight champion. Where's Jones belt?

If you can't see the circumstances here you're just not following MMA close enough, haven't been following long enough, or are new to the sport.

Sounds like MMA passed you by Oblio Oblio This is not that. I'd put cash money down you just don't know as much about MMA.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's one thing to move up in your prime. Not only is he moving up after years away, but he's moving up after a bad slide and failing to defend the belt in a convincing fashion. Even going so bad for him as to lose to one of his last 2 opponents on the cards.

I'm pretty sure when Anderson moved up it wasn't for a title shot first of all, and he was STILL Middleweight champion. Where's Jones belt?

If you can't see the circumstances here you're just not following MMA close enough, haven't been following long enough, or are new to the sport.

Sounds like MMA passed you by Oblio Oblio This is not that. I'd put cash money down you just don't know as much about MMA.
lol you are a fucking idiot that consistently has the worst takes in this thread.

Example: Jiri didn't have a sling before his surgery so it is all fake!

And the fact that you are doubling down on Gav's stupid statement just proves my point.

All I said was that Jon Jones isn't just a "someone" and you are acting like I said "Jon Jones will dominate Francis and the HW Division for the the next decade." Get fucked you dumb cunt!

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1672778674677.png

No title defenses in a dominant convincing fashion for over half a decade. If you count the Anthony Smith fight or not, Jones deserved to be disqualified for that foul. Not a clean win. Gotta go back to a washed up shadow of Gus in 2018 for a clean dominant decisive victory.

He's been a "someone" since he popped positive for exotic rare East German steroids in 2017.

Fuck drug cheats.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 451244

No title defenses in a dominant convincing fashion for over half a decade. If you count the Anthony Smith fight or not, Jones deserved to be disqualified for that foul. Not a clean win. Gotta go back to a washed up shadow of Gus in 2018 for a clean dominant decisive victory.

He's been a "someone" since he popped positive for exotic rare East German steroids in 2017.

Fuck drug cheats.
Does a Jon Jones Main Event = $$$ for the UFC??? The answer is yes. Your personal feelings mean nothing to Dana or the other UFC fans. So until he has a Real L next to his name he is still a "someone!" Sounds like Economics passed you by.

If you feel that way about drug cheats I hope you don't watch/support the NFL.

Last edited:

Goatface

1672787071340.png

not been following the non fight news, but apparently wonder boy brought up that usman has a hand injury and won't be ready to fight in march, and some how masvidal could be getting the shot. jorge isn't currently in the top 10

1672788461261.png

1672788641403.png

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure I see why Jones deserves an immediate title shot, either.

But I'm also not super upset about it.

The way I see it, either Jones dominates or at least hangs in the fight and it's competitive, or Jones gets destroyed and then we can all say "yeah, guess JJ really lost his mojo years ago"

Dana and the UFC either gets a monster JJ coming back to the UFC, or Jones gets embarrassed and they can just start the cycle of offering him shit fights all over again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure I see why Jones deserves an immediate title shot, either.

But I'm also not super upset about it.

The way I see it, either Jones dominates or at least hangs in the fight and it's competitive, or Jones gets destroyed and then we can all say "yeah, guess JJ really lost his mojo years ago"

Dana and the UFC either gets a monster JJ coming back to the UFC, or Jones gets embarrassed and they can just start the cycle of offering him shit fights all over again.
Like I said he is getting the title shot because of his name and what he has done for years at LHW. Just like Conor. Just like GSP. And to a lesser extent Gamebred. Just like any other big name that sells PPV.

We have some real dipshits in this thread that think their feelings on certain fighters matter to Dana.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, what's the alternative? Tell Jones he needs to start with the #10 ranked and work his way through 2 or 4 more before getting a title shot? Someone like Jones isn't coming back for that shit. And Dana never gets his big $$$ fights.

No it's not fair. But they gotta defend after if they win, so whatever. Promoters gonna promote.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol life is so amazing. Dana Whites gay power slap business venture derailed by a power slap of his own.

• 2Worf